Super Kleer Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last week I went to clear a batch of peach-apricot chardonnay that had finished fermenting.

I used the two step clarifier Super Kleer. On the instructions on the front, it neglected to mention that the second packet should be added 1-24 hours after the first packet.

So, I added both at the same time. Its been one week, a lot of sediment did drop out of suspension, but it is still a little hazy. Do I wait another week? Or have I permanently screwed up, and I need to dose it again?

It might be pectin haze and not yeast...I have accidentally added them at the same time and it worked fine...

i doubt its pectin, i used pectic enzyme as prescribed at the beginning. i suppose ill rack it off the lees that are there, and see how it looks then.

give it time, ive got a 5 gal of peach and 5 gal of pear 5 mos along that were treated with superkleer over 3wks ago, took 1 1/2 wks to start clearing, but every couple of days there is a marked improvement.

jim

Latest posts

Back