suggestions needed, Keezer with collar and tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snow4phil

Reaction score
I just got a Magic Chef 6.8 for Christmas and want to turn it into a keezer. I want to add a 6 inch collar so that I can add two kegs on the compressor hump. I really like the style keezer with the wooden box "draft tower" on top. I was thinking about running a 3'' PVC pipe out the back of the collar into the box, but wanted to see what other suggestions people have. In theory I think i could still open the lid enough to swap out kegs, but am not completely sure. I have done some searching and haven't found anything like it.

I would like to avoid drilling a hole in the freezer lid if I can. Would I be better off just not using the lid and going with something like 3/4'' plywood instead and going out the top of that?

Thanks.

Phil

Did you ever do this?

I am planning something very similar to what you described in your question at this time.

If you did go through with this do you have any tips / suggestions?

This smacks of a lack of commitment ;)

The thing you'd be fighting is thermal issues running beer lines outside the keezer on the way to some kind of coffin or "tower".

Fortunately, there's so little beer in the entire ~10-12' of 3/16" ID beer line for a typical run - and way less inside the short bit outside the keezer - so it probably wouldn't cause huge problems if it was insulated reasonably well and you don't live along the equator...

Cheers!

I did not end up going that route. I am going to go through the freezer lid with a box tower on top. I am doing a similar build to the knotty pine build on here. I am just starting the lid cutting now.

Back