Strawberry Daiquiri Lemonade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tw0fish

Reaction score
My first really good take on a concentrate-based wine cooler. Getting closer here - it's cheap, sweet and it certainly does the job!

For a 4L batch:
2 cans Strawberry Daiquiri frozen concentrate ('round here we get Bacardi brand)
1 can Lemonade frozen concentrate
2 C sugar
Safale US-05
Water to 4L
SG 1.060(ish) FG 1.020(ish)

Mix ingredients, pitch yeast, cold crash when desired gravity is reached (generally give it a week and a half, tops.)

If you've a tea kettle I'd recommend you use that for the water. because the only tough part about this recipe is getting frozen juice concentrate into a narrow-necked jug - I usually just spoon the mix into the funnel mouth in small portions and then pour the hot water over it.. My buddy says he heated water (that he DID NOT ADD) and put the cans into it to melt them back into syrups before just pouring them in.) I suppose you could boil the whole thing and pour it in that way but I never have.

Basically you throw it all in and pitch your yeast. My first attempt was with only one can of daiquiri mix, which hit 5.25ish ABV in 10 days (my goal before cold crashing). A tasting buddy and I decided it needed more strawberry, so he used 2 cans and cold crashed in 8 days without checking gravity. Both examples produced a sufficiently but not overly sweet, slightly sparkling, lemonadelike beverage that in both cases absolutely disappears at parties and country concerts.

I have made the inverse of your recipe in the past

2 cans lemonade
1 can daiquiri mix (we also get bacardri)

I like it tart, so we only back sweetened to like 1.001..and let sit until clear.
Also a magic act brew (good at disappearing) at parties. Of course in future batches I decided to go 2S/1L at first and add a whole other can of strawberry at secondary.

Ive done similar except with 3 cans of the daiquiri (bacardi also)

Excellent strawberry taste, made a very good wine. It stopped on its own at 1.010 which was sweet enough.

Beg pardon, been away for a tad :)

Slowninja, did you add sugar or just three cans of strawberry and one of lemonade?

Really glad to hear this has worked out similarly for others - Said tasting buddy is going through his mad scientist phase and wants to remake this recipe with stepped strawberry/lemonade additions until the yeast poops out..... lord what have I done!

Latest posts

Back