• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Minnesota Stout 7.3 Temp Controlled Conical For Sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoffey

Reaction score
This is a Stout Tanks 7.3gal conical fermenter that has been custom modified for heating/cooling temperature control. Heating is done via a heat pad installed under the insulation, while the cooling is performed by 4 peltier chips mounted to aluminum blocks that are affixed to the outside of the conical. These are the same aluminum blocks sold by Stout on their website. Using the cooling system you can ferment lagers in this conical. I've been able to get it below 50 with ambient temp around 70f.

This comes with the power supply needed for the cooling system, but you'll need to provide your own temperature controller.

It also comes with a custom lid with 1.5" TC port, as well as the original lid.

Local pick-up only. Please don't ask if I'll ship this. $750.00

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    577.7 KB · Views: 794
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    592.6 KB · Views: 742
Last edited:
Updating this thread. The fermenter is still for sale. Price is $450, and it includes the temperature controller now as well. It is still in great condition and would make for a great upgrade for anyone currently looking to add temperature control to their brewing and also looking to get into a SS conical!

I'll consider shipping, but I'm not 100% sure this conical will ship well and I don't have a box sitting around that it will fit into, so shipping costs could add up. For $35 I'll deliver it to anywhere within an hour of Minneapolis.

Dropping price to $375.

This is a heated and cooled SS conical with temperature controller for $375. Its a steal.

Ok, need to just move this guy. Will drop price to $250 and will be willing to ship at buyer's expense. I'd guess $40-50 for shipping ground after I get it boxed up.

Latest posts

Back