Storing beer in Corny keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FinFam

Reaction score
Since I only have room for one pin lock keg in my kegerator. Can I put a second batch into my other keg, purge the air out of it, pressurize it, then store it in the garage where it's cooler until my first keg is finished? Noob question.

I would prime with a bit of corn sugar naturally carbonate in that position.

When I store newly full kegs for a couple weeks or so , I use about 5 Oz of sugar. I boil the sugar for a few minutes (about 10), dump it into the keg, close it up, burp it with co2, then hit it with a quick burst of co2 just to seal the top. When you're ready for that keg, chill and it's ready for consumption.

When I store newly full kegs for a couple weeks or so , I use about 5 Oz of sugar. I boil the sugar for a few minutes (about 10), dump it into the keg, close it up, burp it with co2, then hit it with a quick burst of co2 just to seal the top. When you're ready for that keg, chill and it's ready for consumption.
Yep, no different than carbing in a bottle. I use 4-4.3 oz corn sugar, carb at a cooler place in your home. Store as cool as you can.

Back