Stop raining!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adx

Reaction score
I usually just deal with what mother nature dishes out, but this is getting ridiculous. I swear it's rained every other day this summer. At least I have an excuse not to cut the grass this weekend.

It's trying to teach Marylanders how to drive in the rain by constant exposure. :D ;) (I grew up in MD and still work in MD, but things ain't much different here in just-over-the-freakin-line, PA)

I seem to remember a summer about 6-7 years ago in Maryland where all it did was rain the whole time. Didn't get above 85°. I can deal with that.

But it is getting pretty annoying.

I seem to remember a summer about 6-7 years ago in Maryland where all it did was rain the whole time. Didn't get above 85°. I can deal with that.
I think that was 2003. I moved here in the fall of 2002 and that next summer was terrible. I think there was a stretch of 30 days or so where it rained some every single day.

It's almost as bad as when the cicadas comes out.

It's been raining hard several times a day here, for weeks. I just pumped out 4 inches of pool water from what we got last night.

I could mow the grass every two days, but it's too wet, so when I can, it's like cutting hay.

It's been cloudy and cool for the last two weeks. Total of 0.11 inches of rain, though. It's tough to remember to water, as my brain is used to associating clouds and rain. So, I mark the calendar and ignore the weather.

Oh, don't I know about this frickin' rain! We have been champing at the bit to get our enormous shop project underway. We cleared the trees ourselves (anybody need cordwood? Or hickory to smoke with? We've only got, like, 23 cords! Gah!) and heavy equipment has been *trying* to make the building pad for over 2.5 months! It's just so...soupy. Driving us nuts.

It is almost painful, these past two weeks, as we've gotten to the point where we only need about 6-8 more dirt-moving hours before we can start setting the poles. But on and on it rains. To add insult to injury, we traveled down to Scottsboro, AL, yesterday to attend a Highlands Festival and it was hot as Hades, clear as a bell. Got home...and you guessed it...another blow had come through. Pure soupy mud. Arrrgh!

(On a brighter note, the Highlands Festival was a hoot. Men in kilts performing feats of strength! Good times!)

I usually just deal with what mother nature dishes out, but this is getting ridiculous. I swear it's rained every other day this summer. At least I have an excuse not to cut the grass this weekend.
Please can you send it to us;)We would be lucky to have had 2 inches in the last 6 months:mad:

Well, you could be one of these unfortunate country music lovers, who had to abandon their cars at the Ionia fairgrounds.
(This is why I listen to metal :rockin: )

Spittake.jpg

Back