Stock up on German hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chumprock

Reaction score
Good thing I now have over a pound of them eh? I dont think I have a single recipe that uses more than .5oz of them

Good thing I now have over a pound of them eh? I dont think I have a single recipe that uses more than .5oz of them

I just now ordered a pound. Better safe than sorry! It's not like they won't be used, and I paid less than half what I pay by the ounce.

:)

Bounce this against InBev's attempts to back out of 2/3rds of their contracts for Hallertau. I was thinking that would mean a surplus this year, but things change. Might be a wash.

That's a bummer. I feel bad for those whose livelyhoods depend on those crops. Wasn't it last year, or the year before, that the Saaz crop was badly damaged? BTW, my hops got really beat up in some storms a few weeks ago - Crystal lost a few bines and I lost one Hallertauer bine, but they otherwise made it through and the Hallertauers are now going gangbusters. The Saaz are doing pretty good as well.

Back