Sticking With Milk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muse435

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So i decided to test out milk for and adhesive. The next day i picked up a bottle and the label fell to the floor. I used my finger on some, a sponge, and putting the label directly in the milk, all failed. Can some one please help?

I'm not sure what other people do but I make labels just using regular paper and a color laser printer. Once I have them cut out I take a bowl of milk and a basting brush and brush the back of the label. It needs to be wet but not soaked. I've not had any fall off unless I soak them in water. We usually have 1% in the house but I doubt in matters.

I always used 2% and never had a problem with it. Same method with the basting brush.
I think it's the protein that actually bonds so skim might be a bad choice but I don't know.

Skim still has proteins - just no fat -

that said, I too, have problems with the milk method. I've tried it but to me, a glue stick is as easy as anything, and it soaks off easily.

Latest posts

Back