Steam Slayer on lid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgmac

It's Brew Day!
Reaction score
Went all electric about a year ago but now want to move my rig indoors instead of in the garage. Was looking at several options for dealing with the steam build up and came across steam condensers. The Steam Slayer looks like a solid rig for doing 10 gallon batches using a 9 GPH nozzle. I want to avoid drilling holes in my 20 gallon kettle so I would mount the SS on the lid with a 90 degree tri-clamp fitting. The web site says you can. Want to see if anyone else has put this on the lid instead of the side of the kettle and if it worked or other recommendations for a steam condenser system.

https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/steamslayer.htm

While I don't have an actual Steam Slayer, my condenser is run off the lid. It works fine.

20190823_113745.jpg

Anyone know where to buy a steam slayer? Everywhere seems sold out. Or any alternatives/builds?

Here's another picture. The only thing I don't like is that the condenser isn't square/plumb which doesn't go with my OCD!

View attachment 653919
I would have the same issue. I do believe the physics of the operation ensure the angle. Now maybe somebody could place a solid, “false bottom” in the condenser tube and make the tube appear straight.

Back