Steam guys hydrosonic pump idea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanch

Reaction score
I have a flash boiler similar to green monties that I haven't actually used yet. I like the idea of steam jacketed kettles and have been researching ideas for producing steam efficiently. I found this hydro sonic pump earlier this week and my wheels have not given me a moments rest. It is a relatively simple device and I have a few friends that work in a machine shop. I am planing to build one and thought I would ask you for advice. I know there are a few engineers out there and this is way over my head. If any one has any ideas on seals or bearings I would appreciate the help. My current plan is an 8" x 8" aluminum drum on a 1" shaft spun at about 4500 rpms by a baldor 3hp electric motor that i will harvest from my band saw.

While the hydrosonic pump idea looks interesting, 3 Hp motor will not give the same amount of energy as one of the 4" propane burners can. Save the motor in the band saw for other things and go with the gas burner. When you get ready to put a steam system together PM me and I can give you some help with parts you will need.

Back