Starting over again

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Romex2121

Reaction score
It’s been a couple years or so since i did any home brewing or visited this site , reason for the stoppage was my fermentation fridge went out and I never replaced it due to work, life & maybe a little laziness but that’s all about to change starting today
New fridge is scheduled to be delivered sometime today , I still need to order grains , hops , yeast , etc
Thank God I still have all the equipment to brew , I’d hate to have to pay for all that stuff again .
I’m excited to start brewing again but have darn near forgotten just about everything I had learned from this site and other places, I was making pretty good beer in the past when I was brewing regularly and at one point I was also teaching guys at work how to home brew but now it’s gonna be like starting from day one again…..

First off, welcome back. I am novice at best, but enjoy it. I am guessing maybe starting with a few kits would be best? Maybe the controlled element of the grains and hops being already set out for you would help you get back into it?

D
It’s been a couple years or so since i did any home brewing or visited this site , reason for the stoppage was my fermentation fridge went out and I never replaced it due to work, life & maybe a little laziness but that’s all about to change starting today
New fridge is scheduled to be delivered sometime today , I still need to order grains , hops , yeast , etc
Thank God I still have all the equipment to brew , I’d hate to have to pay for all that stuff again .
I’m excited to start brewing again but have darn near forgotten just about everything I had learned from this site and other places, I was making pretty good beer in the past when I was brewing regularly and at one point I was also teaching guys at work how to home brew but now it’s gonna be like starting from day one again….

Did you keep any old notes or logs that might jog the memory? It’s not to hard to get going now days with all the resources like YouTube, online calculators, and of course forums like this. You will be fine once you get rolling.

A couple of batches and you’ll be back to where you were before. Good luck.

Last year I came back from an eleven-year break. You'll be beer then you ever were after a half dozen batches.

Back