Starting Mustang wine need help.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewskiez

Reaction score
Sorry for all the questions... I've picked a lot more grapes than I thought and I've also realized I need a bigger fermenter. I see people using poly drums and trash cans.

1. Can I just get a trash can from walmart or does it need to be some special type of plastic?

2. De stemming is very tedious and time consuming is it necessary?

I noticed one guy saying he removed the stems to make vinegar. Maybe he meant he removed the stems so the wine did not turn to vinegar?

I have some dry montrets yeast I killed the wild yeast with metabisulfite (campden tablets) but I need to add more grapes tonight I had some confusion with the amounts and I wanted to pitch the yeast at the same time. I'm thinking its not to big of a deal if some wild yeast is in there eventually it will die because I would assume it would have a lower alcohol tolerance and the montrets would keep going. Is there anything anyone sees wrong with this a reason why I should treat the grapes another day before pitching yeast?

Primary fermentation done. Put into secondaries and added sugar.

IMG_3820.jpg

IMG_3822.JPG

Back