Stanley Cup Playoffs 2009

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My cousin and I made a wager before the second round started.

He has Detroit and Chicago, I have Vancouver and Anaheim.

One pitcher per win. All wins must be paid.

Right now we owe 2 pitchers each. If these series go 7 games that'll be a total of 14 pitchers. I hope we'll have the common sense not to settle up in one session.

The Official Canadian Temperature Conversion Chart

50° Fahrenheit (10° C)
Californians shiver uncontrollably...
Canadians plant gardens.

35° Fahrenheit (1.6° C)
Italian Cars won't start
Canadians drive with the windows down

32° Fahrenheit (0 ° C)
American water freezes
Canadian water gets thicker.

0° Fahrenheit (-17.9° C)
New York City landlords finally turn on the heat.
Canadians have the last cookout of the season.

-60° Fahrenheit (-51° C)
Mt. St. Helens freezes.
Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.

-100° Fahrenheit (-73° C)
Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
Canadians pull down their ear flaps.

-173° Fahrenheit (-114° C)
Ethyl alcohol freezes.
Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg

-460° Fahrenheit (-273° C)
Absolute zero - all atomic motion stops.
Canadians start saying "cold, eh?"

-500° Fahrenheit (-295° C)
Hell freezes over.
The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup.
lmao.gif
lmao.gif

That was a great game, Ovi's goals were sick. Crosby's were gritty but no beautys

Wow, what an ending to the Ana/Det game. Disallowed goal in the final minute to preserve a 2-1 victory, and a nice scrum after the final horn. 40+ saves by Hiller.

Staged ? like a an uncovered puck puck being whistled dead while plainly in view in the crease ?
I was willing to concede a loss at the 2 minute mark of the third to give a solid win the to the Ducks .
But then WTF ?

I went to sleep just after the start of the third. Those west coast trips are murder on my body. I'm glad I did not watch the whole thing. I am sure I would have woke up the wife with my cursing.

But that's the way the cookie crumble, as they say. Sometimes I think they blow the whistle too early on the cover-ups, and there is another prime example. They blow the whistle sometimes when they THINK the puck is going to be covered.

Got to give the Ducks credit, they've played Detroit the way they need to and have two wins for it. Good series.

This game has been messy so far... but the bruins can definitely win it.

Let's go bruins.

Vac/Chi will be on Versus 5:00 PM pacific. Probably can't get it in a hotel but any decent pub or sports bar should have it on.

NBC broadcasts a game around once a week during playoffs, on Sunday they may show one. Sports bar is a good bet, there are a few good ones in Seattle if your coming through

The entire game I kept saying to my girlfriend that the pace of the game was intense. It was inevitable that they were going to screw up going that quick.

I'm hoping the pull it out and the Wings too. I'm still counting on the Bruins/Wings matchup at the end.

I'm hating NBC coverage. Last game they televised looked like crap. White was too strong and it was so bad that sometimes the lines were washed out! Tone it down!

I had to listen to Carolina's Coverage last night. They called thomas a "desparate goalie".

Yeah, That's why he is one of the finalists for the Vezina Trophu.

I had to listen to Carolina's Coverage last night. They called thomas a "desparate goalie".

Yeah, That's why he is one of the finalists for the Vezina Trophu.
Desperate how? Seems to me he was let down by his defense. All three goals were point-blank, can't-miss shots. That's not his fault.

Fraggin Versus jaggoff bastardfuks!

Blank screen for Ana/Det?????

Left Van/Chi OT for it.

C'mon ya buncha dumasses, get yer s h * t together!!!

Not sure what you were watching. I tuned in to Wings and had to wait until the OT was over before they cut to it.

Luckily both the Blackhawks and the Wings won!! YAY!

If I'm Babcock, I don't see how you don't start game 5 with Hossa and Franzen on the same line. Anaheim just didn't have answer last night! DET finally made ANA look like what they really are: common street thugs with hockey sticks.

If I'm Babcock, I don't see how you don't start game 5 with Hossa and Franzen on the same line. Anaheim just didn't have answer last night! DET finally made ANA look like what they really are: common street thugs with hockey sticks.

Amen! They will be on the same line guaranteed. Now if Datsyuk gets going it will be over in 6! Anxious to see if young Hiller is shaken by his poor performance.

Do you guys have DirecTV? If the first game runs long, turn to channel 604 if you want to catch the second game live. It will be SD but at least you won't miss any of it. Last night they had the Wings on 604 until the mighty Blackhawks pulled that beautiful win outta there a$$es!

Anxious to see if young Hiller is shaken by his poor performance.

Let's hope so. Babcock said that he thought the Wings could wear the Ducks down in the series as a result of the Wings' skating ability. We'll have to wait until Sunday to see if that is the case.

Also, there seems to have been no discussion on how we're missing two of our better d-men (Lilja and Rafalski). Sure would be nice to get at least one of them back!

Unfortunately for the Ducks, I think their fate lies on the shoulders of their young goaltender. Game 3 he was tremendous Ducks win. Game 4 he lets in 3 softies, Ducks lose. Such is the Tao of a young goalie.

Latest posts

Back