Stanley Cup Playoffs 2009

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is absolutely no way you can tell the difference between "Blues" "boos" or "Luuus" (ongo) in person much less your TV.

It was definitely ill advised, but I still contend "blues". Boos would have continued throughout the anthem, the unfortunate vocalization only occurred at breaks in the song then again at the end. The same thing happens during the US anthem at Scottrade.

Again, it was not a smart thing to do. Please accept the apology of a native St Louisan for the disrespect.

There is absolutely no way you can tell the difference between "Blues" "boos" or "Luuus" (ongo) in person much less your TV.

Your right. It could have been ST. Louis fans cheering for the better team.. Now that I think about it, it could have been "Luuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" :D

Again, it was not a smart thing to do. Please accept the apology of a native St Louisan for the disrespect.

Meh, it wasn't you. There are always dickheads at any game. A small number nit-wits yelling loudly can start an "incident" quickly. Look at jim cramer.( Ok, not sports related, but when I think of loud mouthed dickheads... I think jim cramer). lol

Here's my prediction:

Jeff&StanleyCup.jpg Jeff trophy.jpg

Whatever. Sharks already won that cup or trophy thingy for best team during the most games part of the year. You all just keep trying for the smaller number of games part of the year trophy. The real work is done.

Whatever. Sharks already won that cup or trophy thingy for best team during the most games part of the year. You all just keep trying for the smaller number of games part of the year trophy. The real work is done.

The Sharks are certainly playing as though they subscribe to this.

That must be how the team thinks, explaining their 2 home loses. GO WINGS!

Exciting game though, especially the 3rd and overtime. Nail biter at times and I was thinking we were heading to 2nd OT.

You team will do well next year. I think their rookieness was a minus in the post season. Next year, depending on who stays, they will know what NHL playoffs feel like.

Damn.. like 9 or 10 days till the next round? With the Canucks, I'm used to 7 game series. lol

At least I should have a crap load of beer ready for round 2!

You got any other teams you are watching arturo7?

You got any other teams you are watching arturo7?

Well, truth be told, a couple weeks before the season ended I engaged a small speculation on Philly in the East and Vancouver in the West. Had I waited until season's end I likely would not have made the same choices.

I'll tell you who I'm not rooting for; Detroit, Chicago, Mike Keenan, and S. Avery.

Yeah, I hate Keenan. Took Vancouver a while to get over that coaching debacle.

Not a fan of Calgary in general, though it would be nice to see all 3 Canadian team progress, but truth be told, as long as the Canucks win the cup, I'll be happy. ;)

You know, I live in a BC town, but since this area has been Calgary's playground for years (oil money and we're 6-7 hours from Calgary) there's about as many Calgary <add spit noise> fans here as Canucks! So Sad. :(

I loved those few minutes where Stuart hit Umberger and then the retaliation failed and the Blue Jacket ended up in the Wings Bench. Then some more retaliation caused a Wings goal.

Both teams were playing like crazy men. I noticed Columbus stayed out of the box most of the night this time.

Umberger saw that hit coming and tried to duck for some reason, maybe instict from the brain saying "Oh **** this is gonna hurt!". You can watch his right knee almost drop to the ice.

That put his head down and it hit Stuart's shoulder square on. I was glad to see him back in the game afterward until he put the puck behind Ozzy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6sq816HOK4]YouTube - Red Wings vs Blue Jackets Stuart on Umberger Hit 4/21/09[/ame]

Puck is about to drop, HERE WE GO FOR A SWEEP!!!!

LETS GO BRUINS
*CLAP CLAP* *CLAP CLAP CLAP*

What a maroon!! He saw this hit coming but did nothing to avoid it.

Another Lindros in the making. If you can't see hits coming in the NHL you won't be there for long.

That's 2 epic hits, although the first was worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just hoping the Habs will get back in the race... but it sure looks like bad news for them
God i miss the days when Yvan Cournoyer and Guy Lafleur were around...

Latest posts

Back