Stainless Brewing LLC good vendor?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devils4ever

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase a custom HERMS coil from stainlessbrewing.com. However, I sent them an email asking about dimensions and never got a response. This makes me leery of making a purchase from them. Has anyone dealt with them? Are they a good vendor? Customer experiences?

Thanks.

I ordered 2 HERMS coils and some compression fittings. The stainless was out of stock so I had to wait a bit, I knew that before I ordered and was in no hurry anyway. When they shipped, they only sent one coil. After calling they sent the other one right away priority so I'd have it in the shortest amount of time. Anyone can make a mistake, it's how they correct it that's important. Email them again or give them a call. You'll be happy with their product.

I haven't gotten a herms coil from them yet but I have ordered various fittings/etc with no issues. I do check the coils every time I'm there though and it seems like they're usually behind schedule on making them.

I can say the one time I emailed them about the shipping on an order they didn't get back to me for about 3 days.

It took a little over a couple of weeks but when my 50' hex (and a crapton of SS fittings) arrived it made the wait worth it.

Good outfit. Communication could be improved, but the workmanship is top-notch...

Cheers!

Their Facebook is typically pretty responsive.

I'm a fan of them, but I may be a little biased since I've won a 10 gallon kettle and $100 gift card through their Facebook giveaways :D

I have ordered maybe 5 times from these guys over 3 years. Their stainless stuff is great, fairly priced but the customer service hasn't been awesome.

Once I ordered their standard Hermes coil with the 1" diameter upsize but after talking to them on the phone, they said it wouldn't fit in my kettle. They sent me the standard size but forgot to refund the $10 upcharge. No big deal, but on other orders they have left small stuff out (3 faucet plugs this last time) and it has been 50/50 on whether or not I got the item/refund or just had to eat it. It is just $6 but it happens too often if you ask me.

I would buy from them if you need solid stainless gear but triple check you get everything you ordered.

Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase a custom HERMS coil from stainlessbrewing.com. However, I sent them an email asking about dimensions and never got a response. This makes me leery of making a purchase from them. Has anyone dealt with them? Are they a good vendor? Customer experiences?

Thanks.

I ordered some items from them to take advantage of their Cyber Monday sale a couple of weeks ago. I ended up having to place two separate orders as their billing system would not let me pay with two forms of payment (using a gift card for a portion of the balance), the problem was that shipping was doubled that way, vs just placing a single order. Also, their cyber monday discount code was only usable once per customer, which makes absolutely no sense as you couldn’t save more by using it on multiple orders, it’s just a flat % off, so the second order I would need to place would not allow for the discount.

Either way, I contacted them up front and their advice was to place the two orders and to make a note on both orders, which I did, and they would refund the difference. Shipping was slow, I received my items about 10 days later, but after over two weeks and three emails, they don’t seem to be concerned about keeping their word and refunding the additional shipping charges and discount THEY advertised in an email to me.

It’s not a significant amount of money, more of a principle thing, but that’s terrible customer service and they have lost any future business from me. I would say buyer beware since it seems others have had issues with them responding to emails. Funny, they responded in one day to my pre sale question, but after the sale they’re suddenly to busy to get back to me.

I think the custom coil part of the business is one guy. I have ordered a couple of coils from them and have always been happy with the service.

Thanks,
Chri

Back