st patty's day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BootYtRappeR

Reaction score
what will you guys be doing to celebrate st patrick's day?

after some mean shepard's pie i'll be throwing back a few irish car bombs.:mug: :tank: :drunk: :D

Planning to go out for lunch with BOSTONBREWIN'... hopefully we can find a place with shepherd's pie, cornbeef&cabbage, etc...

Oh, and the place we go HAS to have guinness or murphy's on tap or it won't even be considered.... regardless of how good their food is.

-walker

I am working tomorrow, but I will be leaving early to stop at the local that has a big St Patrick's Day Party. My real celebrating will be on Sunday in Scituate, MA where my buddy lives-they have a big town thing going on every year, and my buddy has a big party.

My 3 daughters are Irish Dancers and I'll be shuttling them all over STL for performances starting at 6:00am and ending around 9:00pm. Thankfully a few of the stops will have an Irish brew or two on tap!
holiday_irish.gif

Mr_Turtlehead said:
My 3 daughters are Irish Dancers and I'll be shuttling them all over STL for performances starting at 6:00am and ending around 9:00pm. Thankfully a few of the stops will have an Irish brew or two on tap!
holiday_irish.gif

That's pretty damn cool.... :rockin:

I'm planning on brewing, then maybe hitting Bailey's for some stout. It is always my favorite day of the year.

I'll be all Dropkick murphy'd out by the end of tomorrow.

Dude said:
I'll be all Dropkick murphy'd out by the end of tomorrow.
I guess it's time I listened to those guys.

As for drinking, I've got a cream stout that I bottled two weeks ago that I'll try tomorrow, and a bunch of widget guiness bottles in the fridge that I haven't been able to force myself to drink. Maybe tomorrow they'll be magically good. :)

Two of my buddies and I have the day off. We'll be going to Jimmy's Grill in Naperville (good beer selection and we avoid the crowds at the Irish pubs) to watch the NCAA basketball tourney, have at least one Guinness and a corned beef sandwich.

Dude said:
It is always my favorite day of the year.

Mine too...especially since my first name is Patrick!

Here are my three lassies:

2690-2004decchristmas087.jpg

And here's what we did last Saturday:

2690-DSCN6199.JPG

2690-DSCN6175.JPG

2690-DSCN6186.JPG

Nope, that's not me.

Shepherd's Pie & a pint o' Guinness for lunch....SWMBO is fixing a corned beef brisket with all the fixins' for dinner. Man, I'm gonna be fartin' like crazy tomorrow night but who cares, it's worth it.
Jeff

I'm headed out to O'tooles for happy hour. I also made a trip to Total Wine tonight looking to mix a 6 pack. They were all out of the 6 pack carriers so they gave me a wine box, which holds 12 so of course, I got 12 beers. I picked up 1 bottle each of Anchor Steam, Hooegarden, Dogfish Head 90 minute IPA, Smuttynose IPA, Shipyard IPA, Wild Goose Ale, Sam Smith IPA, Sam Smith Imperial Stout, Sierra Nevada IPA, Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Ale, St George IPA, and Breckenridge Oatmeal Stout.

:ban: :mug: :drunk: :D

Mr Turtlehead said:
Here are my three lassies

Very cool man. I have 2 nieces that dance with Trinity (not the touring troup) and a newphew that plays the pipes. I was taking pies lessons but had to give them up when my son came along. Couldnt justify the time spent at the pub after he came around. maybe I'll get back into them but I doubt it, I'll keep buying the CD's and heading over to my sisters if I wana hear the pipes.

Trinity is a very well-known dance academy! My daughters compete all over the midwest, so we run into Trinity dancers alot!

Dude-good eye-my girls are 15, 12, and 9 (but that picture is a year old).

Happy St. Pat's everyone.

Erin go Bragh!

Latest posts

Back