SS brewtech conicals

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthMoonBrewing

Reaction score
So guys I'm looking to buy a new shiny toy and need some advice or questions answered. I currently brew 5 gallon finished batches and hoping to go to full ten gallon batches once my Kal Clone build is compete ( which will be a couple years). Should I buy the 14 gallon now, or get the 7 gallon and upgrade later? Also if I buy the standard edition, can I use the ftss setup or does that only work on the brewmaster edition?

I would go 7 gallon and upgrade. FTSS in the 14 gallon wouldn't do a good job cooling 7 gallons the coils wouldn't be low enough. If you can go BME well worth the extra money in my opinion but I think FTSS is available for both.

I would go 7 gallon and upgrade. FTSS in the 14 gallon wouldn't do a good job cooling 7 gallons the coils wouldn't be low enough. If you can go BME well worth the extra money in my opinion but I think FTSS is available for both.

Does the FTSS come with coils cause I don't see any pictured online for the 7 gallon standard that's what have me questioning

Yes. I believe that it does look into the options. I have a 14gal BME I wish that I got one of their 14G unitanks that just got released... by the time I got all my fitting similar cost

So guys I'm looking to buy a new shiny toy and need some advice or questions answered. I currently brew 5 gallon finished batches and hoping to go to full ten gallon batches once my Kal Clone build is compete ( which will be a couple years). Should I buy the 14 gallon now, or get the 7 gallon and upgrade later? Also if I buy the standard edition, can I use the ftss setup or does that only work on the brewmaster edition?

You may want to check out our new CF10 conical that will be going on sale Monday. We specifically designed it for someone in your boat. The home brewers we have talked to brew many 5 and 10 gallon batches. Instead of having two conicals we designed our to be able to brew both sizes. The modular design paired with the lower thermometer port allow a 5 gal as well as a 10 gallon batch to be brewed.

The conical can be seen HERE and we are also previewing all the futures on HBT HERE as well!

nothing is ever in stock though at Spike. When you say on sale monday does that mean shipped as well.

nothing is ever in stock though at Spike. When you say on sale monday does that mean shipped as well.

It is true that we've been struggling to keep up with demand of our larger size tanks. We did not expect the Spike Systems to sell with the pro market so well! However we have almost doubled our work force this year, mainly on the supply chain and production side, so there shouldn't be any more long back orders.

The Spike Conical is a new product for us. The pre-sale was last week and sold out in less than 5 minutes so if you blinked you might have missed it! It will be going live this Monday (7/10) at 10am CST.

https://spikebrewing.com/collections/fermenters/products/cf10

Can you answer this question? If I order today and I am about to when will it ship? This look like the perfect option for me

Can you answer this question? If I order today and I am about to when will it ship? This look like the perfect option for me

We are caught up with pre orders as of this morning. We have a ton of units that were ordered today but we had 1 welder and 2 shop techs that were just hired so we are keeping up pretty well! I'd estimate end of this week if ordered today. You can also talk to Irene ([email protected]) and she can confirm as well.

Back