Ss Brewtech 1bbl nano brewhouse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

czmkid

Reaction score
Whoa! Pix a little dark but man this sure is interesting. Nice brewery for your home. These guys always seem to take equipment to a whole nother level. Besides the info listed on the link here are a few more from their social media post:

Hard piping

50mm (thick!) square tubing cart / caster

Proprietary valve tree with custom tooled butterfly valves

Milled false bottom in the MT

Grain out door

Pro grade heat exchanger mounted into frame / cart

Calandria and custom RIMS hat built in

Pro grade controls straight off of our big boy pro brewhouses

https://www.ssbrewtech.com/pages/1-bbl-nano-brewhouse

Last edited:
With a little photoshop magic we can get to this! looks beautiful!

Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 8.50.33 PM.jpg

How much do you think it will cost?

I mean in order to appeal to the homebrewer, it should be competitive...

Really nice looking system. My guess it will appeal to those looking to go pro. Can't really see mass appeal for the average homebrewer. Would be curious to find out from this community how many out there have a 20+ gallon set up.

I'm at 1/2 bbl to 20 gallon batch size. It's great to make large batches from a supply stand point. It's also a challenge to ferment and store those same large batch sizes. I have to run two commercial fridges and a glycol chiller. So I need a little more than a 1 car garage to house it all.

This new system would be a great pilot system for a 5-10 bbl brewery. I'm assuming it's going to cost 10k+

It's under the Nano Brewing category, so I do not believe it will be appealing to many home brewers. The price will be over 10k US dollars, which is a lot.

In Europe we have PBC Installations: http://pbcbreweryinstallations.com/breweries.html

They sell a 2.5 BBL brewery with 2 fermenters for £ 11,150. That's $ 14,450, which is a very reasonable price.

I do hope It will be less the 7500. That would be OK, if it comes turn key.

The Spike Brewing 1BBL system is 8k when you include the table and chiller so I would think it would be in that range. I'm definitely interested to see what they come out with.

I'd definitely say it will be in the 10k price range based on a comment I saw the company make over on the probrewing forums. Someone asked if it would be priced competitively with the Spike 1BBL system. Their response was that it was comparing apples to oranges and would be priced accordingly. So definitely around the 10k+ mark.

Really nice looking system. My guess it will appeal to those looking to go pro. Can't really see mass appeal for the average homebrewer. Would be curious to find out from this community how many out there have a 20+ gallon set up.

I know this is rarely mentioned but well unless the homebrewer has no respect for federal law or has a dozen adults living in the house it would only be legal to use the thing a few times a year really.. and you would have to have some serious social connections or liver issues at that point if otherwise..lol

I know this is rarely mentioned but well unless the homebrewer has no respect for federal law or has a dozen adults living in the house it would only be legal to use the thing a few times a year really.. and you would have to have some serious social connections or liver issues at that point if otherwise..lol

Love your perspective! Hahaha. I have issues and connections and it'd still be a reach. Just imagine the space you'd need for fermentation. But I want one!

I'm at half that capacity and I can barely keep 3 of my 5 taps rolling! But that has more to do with fermentation space than brew days.

I have a 1bbl system. I built it specifically because I have a lot of friends. I also got tired of brewing constantly to keep a pipeline full.

The spike system is all soft pluming and a buy it from amazon work table. The SSB system is all hard plumbed with triclamp fittings so it's gonna be a lot more expensive for all that sanitary steel

They just sent out another email. I was correct unfortunately! It says it won't come in at less than the $10k mark... Dang..will still be one hell of a brew system though.

Thats a bit spendy.

But honestly for all tri clamp, hard piped, big ( i assume) vfd motor, custom solution. It sounds reasonable.

It looks like it is designed to be a pilot system for breweries. Don't think the home brewer was the main focus here.

I have thought very seriously about opening a small taproom where I live. This is an awesome system, but at 10k a one barrel system just wouldn't cut it. I think I'd need at least a 3bbl setup to start or even a 5bbl if I don't want to be there brewing 24/7. I looked into their 5bbl system and it jumps up to $50k+ for a steam heated setup. Maybe I'll just get the 1bbl and brew 24/7 lol

I am brewing 11 gallon batches now and 3-4 a month when friends use my setup to brew for themselves... but $10k is way to much! I share equipment and they return the favor with eggs, pork, chicken, turkey...

It's not a bad price for what it is. The nature of that sort of brew system is that it's expensive with all that stainless steel and sanitary piping

I see this as a pilot system for a 10-30 bbl brewery. Pair it with 4 uni tanks and you have a nice repeatable system with all the temp control needed to play with recipe development.

I'd think long and hard about starting a tap room with less than 5 bbls. Ten is a much better number based on the research we're doing for a business plan on a new brewery. The cost differential between 5 and 10 bbls systems is very small for the extra capacity. It's just so hard to make any money with 1 bbl of beer. You'd have to brew twice a day most every day to have enough inventory. And if your beer is good and a local bar or restaurant wanted it on tap you wouldn't have enough to sell them a keg.

Difference between ten and one barrels is the associated infrastructure costs. The brew houses don't scar linearly but the tank space and cold room scale at power factors

Per the latest update it's estimated to come in at $15k yikes that's a chunk of cash!

At 15K is beyond unreasonable and probably be sold as a luxury item for already established breweries?

But if it will cost 15K, there's sure to be people buying it. So...good for them, I guess...

That's just an insanely high price considering what else is out there. You can get into a much larger pro system for $15,000. Made in China it should've came in around $7-8,000, it looks to still just have pid controls, not even LCD/automation.

I have thought very seriously about opening a small taproom where I live. This is an awesome system, but at 10k a one barrel system just wouldn't cut it. I think I'd need at least a 3bbl setup to start or even a 5bbl if I don't want to be there brewing 24/7. I looked into their 5bbl system and it jumps up to $50k+ for a steam heated setup. Maybe I'll just get the 1bbl and brew 24/7 lol
yes Im starting a nano now and am going with 3 bbl after speaking with just about every other nano in the area and seeing they all are in the process or have jumped to 3 or 5 or larger systems in short order..

I see this as a pilot system for a 10-30 bbl brewery. Pair it with 4 uni tanks and you have a nice repeatable system with all the temp control needed to play with recipe development.

I'd think long and hard about starting a tap room with less than 5 bbls. Ten is a much better number based on the research we're doing for a business plan on a new brewery. The cost differential between 5 and 10 bbls systems is very small for the extra capacity. It's just so hard to make any money with 1 bbl of beer. You'd have to brew twice a day most every day to have enough inventory. And if your beer is good and a local bar or restaurant wanted it on tap you wouldn't have enough to sell them a keg.
one keg sold at the brewery nets about $5-600.... sell it to a bar or restaurant and you are lucky to get $100 and you lose your keg for about 3 months on average as well..

Been keeping an eye on this thing. The price just went up again by another $1k, putting it at $15,995 now. It says free shipping now and they are taking 50% deposits starting Dec 1st.

Back