SS Brew Bucket w/TC port

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AF1HomeBrew

Reaction score
Using a 3/4" TC x 1/2" Male NPT from Still Dragon , I now have a TC port for my SS Brew Bucket. I reuse the o-rings, nut and racking arm from the SS Brewtech valve that came with the bucket. The racking arm was slightly too large to fit into the inner part of the TC piece, so I used a piece of 1/2" silicon tubing stuffed with some 3/8" tubing to fit the racking arm. The racking arm can still be rotated just like when using the ss brew tech valve.

3/4" TC x 1/2" male NPT = $14
3/4" TC Clamp = $6.55
3/4" TC gasket = $1.25
3/4" TC ball valve = $32

One immediate downside is you cannot have the bucket on the floor, it needs to be on a shelf, counter a maybe a stool because of the increased length of the port and ball valve.

tc_onbkt.jpg

view with 3/4" TC ball valve installed.
tc_wvalve.jpg

inside view of bucket
InsideBucket.jpg

SSbrewtech brewbucket valve and Still Dragon 3/4"TC port w/ 1/2" , 3/8" silicon tubing, and ss brewtech racking arm.
tc_warm.jpg

I use 3/4" TC parts for sections of my AleForce1 Brewstation, so for me the real cost was only $14 for the port piece.

Attachments

• RIMS_TC.jpg
    RIMS_TC.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Back