Spike Solo Port Height

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c_reid

Reaction score
I have a 20 gal Spike kettle and have been brewing with propane. I am hoping to buy the Spike solo basket and brewing controls from Electric Brewing Supply and make the shift over to electric brewing. I can buy the additional two tri clover ports that are needed at the back of the kettle for the element and temp probe, and I can have them welded in .

Is there anyone out there with a Spike Solo 20 gal setup that can tell me how high the two rear ports are from the bottom of the kettle.

Can prolly just email spike with your kettle dimensions and ask them, they’re fairly responsive

Regardless of where Spike would put them, you'd have them welded in as low as the welder feels comfortable putting them. There's no downside to putting the element "too low"

Thanks Bobby_M and RockfordWhite. I can get the element port welded in at the 2" mark which is where Spike puts their element ports on electric kettles. I am wondering, do you think I may get better temp control if the temp probe port is higher (farther away from the element)?

Back