Spike Conical Racking Arm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flathill

Reaction score
I have a Spike CF15 Conical. Not sure if the accessory racking arm is needed. Does it turn all the way down to the 6o'clock position to pull the wort off below the port connection ? It looks like it may only turn 1/2 way not all the way around. If it does turn all the way around & down then it would let you draw wort below the connection port.

I have a Spike CF15 Conical. Not sure if the accessory racking arm is needed. Does it turn all the way down to the 6o'clock position to pull the wort off below the port connection ? It looks like it may only turn 1/2 way not all the way around. If it does turn all the way around & down then it would let you draw wort below the connection port.

You can rotate the racking arm 360 degrees. I highly recommend you consider buying one.

This may help.... Positioning of the racking arm

The point of the racking arm is not to draw yeast that will probably be sticking to the fermenter's walls and the port itself, not to draw beer below the racking port. If you're concerned about losing beer you could use the dump port to draw 100% of the beer's volume but you're guaranteed to drag some yeast clumps along with the beer.

Latest posts

Back