Spike brewing CF5 accessories

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sajjeev

Reaction score
Hello Brewers,
I am new to all grain brewing and I just received by Anvil foundry 10.5G and I am looking to buy spike bvrewjng's CF5. I see that there are many accessories available so wanted to see what you guys think I would need and use. I am trying to start pressure transfer soon to avoid oxidation as I like hoppy beers. Any input is much appreciated!
Blow Off Cane (191-0108)
CIP Ball (191-0107)
Racking Arm (191-0106)
Gas Manifold Bundle
2" Butterfly Valve Closed Pressure Transfer Kit
2" TC Sight Glass
Bracing Shelf
Caster Kit
4" Clear TC Cap
1.5" Gasket
8" Leg Extensions

Last edited:
I wouldn't even try CIP with a 5 gallon fermenter. The fermenter's volume is so small that the water savings would be negligible. Besides that these fermenters are not really designed to be CIP capable so an improperly cleaned and sanitized fermenter is a likely result.

I wouldn't even try CIP with a 5 gallon fermenter. The fermenter's volume is so small that the water savings would be negligible. Besides that these fermenters are not really designed to be CIP capable so an improperly cleaned and sanitized fermenter is a likely result.
Thank you Vale71,
I’m not trying to do CIP, I am trying to do a closed transfer of beer.

Thank you Vale71,
I’m not trying to do CIP, I am trying to do a closed transfer of beer.

Vale was just pointing out that the CIP ball you have listed is not an accessory you need.

How are you planning to keep it cold? I assume in a fridge? otherwise you'll need the TC-100 bundle + a glycol chiller or ice bath to control fermentation temp

I would recommend buying everything except the following:

4" Clear TC Cap
CIP Ball (191-0107)
2" Butterfly Valve Closed Pressure Transfer Kit (way overpriced and you want to transfer from your 1.5" racking arm port anyway)

and add:

teflon 1.5" TC gasket for the racking arm
1.5" TC x 1/4" flare adaptor (to connect to the outside of your racking arm)
2 x 1/4" flare swivel nuts with hose barbs
Keg liquid post QD
3-4' of 3/16" ID beverage tubing
A spunding valve for you keg (if you intend to transfer carbonated beer, this is one of the simplest ways to avoid foaming during the transfer)
2" TC x 5/8" hose barb (for dumping trub out your 2" dump at the bottom under pressure)

Vale was just pointing out that the CIP ball you have listed is not an accessory you need.

How are you planning to keep it cold? I assume in a fridge? otherwise you'll need the TC-100 bundle + a glycol chiller or ice bath to control fermentation temp

I would recommend buying everything except the following:

4" Clear TC Cap
CIP Ball (191-0107)
2" Butterfly Valve Closed Pressure Transfer Kit (way overpriced and you want to transfer from your 1.5" racking arm port anyway)

and add:

teflon 1.5" TC gasket for the racking arm
1.5" TC x 1/4" flare adaptor (to connect to the outside of your racking arm)
2 x 1/4" flare swivel nuts with hose barbs
Keg liquid post QD
3-4' of 3/16" ID beverage tubing
A spunding valve for you keg (if you intend to transfer carbonated beer, this is one of the simplest ways to avoid foaming during the transfer)
2" TC x 5/8" hose barb (for dumping trub out your 2" dump at the bottom under pressure)
This is awesome! Thank you so much TheMadKing, exactly what I was looking for, appreciate it.

From spike the only thing I would get is the Manifold and the Racking arm personally. The manifold could be sourced cheaper but owning a few different ones I like spikes.

There are a few ways to set up closed transfers. Here is what I do for heavily hopped beers.
38151366-8C4B-4BBA-80F8-D07F3EE3F9B2.jpegE8462508-02D9-4FD0-87B9-3C43C1EAA70D.jpeg38151366-8C4B-4BBA-80F8-D07F3EE3F9B2.jpeg

I use the Co2 from fermentation to purge my serving keg and racking assembly. The serving keg is full of sanitizer which is pushed into the storage keg. The storage keg is vented into sanitizer via a blowoff on the gas post. I only use the filter on larger dryhops to avoid clogged poppets. Towards the tail end of fermentation I will often seal up my serving keg using a spunding valve and I will use the pressure in the uni and keg to create a closed loop transfer where no outside co2 tank is needed to transfer the beer. For me this works better without the filter inline. I primarily brew lagers at home.

Attachments

• 84789A36-2C1E-4BB8-AE0B-EA8B5976DE78.jpeg
    84789A36-2C1E-4BB8-AE0B-EA8B5976DE78.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
From spike the only thing I would get is the Manifold and the Racking arm personally. The manifold could be sourced cheaper but owning a few different ones I like spikes.

There are a few ways to set up closed transfers. Here is what I do for heavily hopped beers.
View attachment 690871View attachment 690873View attachment 690871

I use the Co2 from fermentation to purge my serving keg and racking assembly. The serving keg is full of sanitizer which is pushed into the storage keg. The storage keg is vented into sanitizer via a blowoff on the gas post. I only use the filter on larger dryhops to avoid clogged poppets. Towards the tail end of fermentation I will often seal up my serving keg using a spunding valve and I will use the pressure in the uni and keg to create a closed loop transfer where no outside co2 tank is needed to transfer the beer. For me this works better without the filter inline. I primarily brew lagers at home.

Thanks a lot jekeane, This is very useful. Appreciate it!

Back