Spare co2 line?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweet_corn

Reaction score
Anyone else keep a spare co2 line hooked to their manifold for charging kegs, or do you just unhook from the other kegs? I currently have a spare but want to add another keg on tap and need to add another port to the manifold to keep the spare.

Also, do you keep a spare disconnect and picnic tap for the liquid side? I have one for cleaning kegs, etc.

Would you keep the extra lines, or should I just pull them from the other kegs when needed?

before i sold my keezer i did have a line for purging kegs which was awesome. Unhooking was a pain in the butt so that worked better for me

Right now I have a spare, with its own pressure, set at 30psi. I am glad I planed this when putting my keezer together: it is very convenient to have 30psi on hand to seal kegs and to carbonate anything you want (water/juice) quickly using the carbonation cap.

Right now I just unhook, but it is a PITA. Next one I build I'll probably add in a spare, so if you've already got one and are thinking about keeping it, I'd say go for it. My original keg kit I bought came with a picnic tap setup, so I like to charge a keg containing ~1gal of starsan and pump a little through the diptube using the picnic tap to make sure I hit everything. With a couple of other cheap pieces, you can also use the picnic tap to bottle off a keg, which is handy if you ever think you might consider it.

Yes, I have an extra gas hook up in my keezer. Helps to keep the pipeline going and nothing better than having a cold/carbed keg ready to go when another blows. Hell, I'm so lazy, I went a bought a whole other CO2 tank so I can purge and what not without opening the keezer...

5 kegs, 5 airlines, so no.

but one is a really long gas line so I can easily use it outside the keezer if needed.

Thanks for the replies. I will add the extra line (unless I decide to go with 4 taps). I wanted to make sure my effort to add the line was worth it...

Somehow I wound up with 3 CO2 tanks & 4 regulators (3 work). So I have all sorts of possibilities.

Back