Southern Tier "un*earthly"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

incog

Reaction score
Anyone try this brew? I just cracked one and sipped 4 ozs, and i am already buzzed a touch. 11% as all hell. It has a decent nose with a (what I think for an IIPA to be) well balaced flavor. Honestly a little to malty for my tastes, but still delish. Just some weird back end flavor, sorta like green tea.

Intrigued, and will try more of Southern's beers.

Cheers.

I just did a side by side sampling of this beer along with it's oak aged cousin. Both were fantastic. The oak aged was a bit more mellow du to the oak aging.

Southern Tier is easily my favorite brewery.

UnEarthly is awesome but Gemini is better IMO. Gemini is a mix of 50% UnEarthly (their Imperial IPA) and 50% Hoppe (their Imperial Extra Pale Ale).

You should try some of their other Imperial Series beers because they are all great:

Farmer's Tan (Pale Lager)
Krampus (Helles Lager)
Creme Brulee (Milk Stout)
Backburner (Barley Wine)
Big Red (Red Ale)
Oat (Oatmeal Stout)
Jahva (Coffee Stout)
Heavy Weizen (Unfiltered Wheat)
Pumking (Pumkin Pie in a glass)

Dude! Definately gonna rock this brewery after this sampling. The place I grocery shop has an unbelieveable beer selection, and carries tons of these guys' brews.

8 ozs down. Mellow now. Mellow.

kingmatt, do you live near Southern Tier? You seem to know most of the imperials. I also think that Gemini is better than Unearthly.

kingmatt, do you live near Southern Tier? You seem to know most of the imperials. I also think that Gemini is better than Unearthly.

No, I live outside Philly but an lucky enough to live close to places that readily have ST beers available (Wegmans, Whole Foods, Capone's etc).

I've thought of visiting the brewery but it is quite a hike from SEPA...

I live in Warren PA (NW corner) and am only about 15 minutes from the brewery. I consider myself pretty lucky because of it! haha

Dude! Definately gonna rock this brewery after this sampling. The place I grocery shop has an unbelieveable beer selection, and carries tons of these guys' brews.

8 ozs down. Mellow now. Mellow.

Where did you pick this up? I'd be interested in trying a few of theirs.

Where did you pick this up? I'd be interested in trying a few of theirs.

Woodman's in Kenosha. dude, if you have not been there since they remodeled, you witll freak out on their beer selection. They have tons of small brews. Tons of Imports (HB baby! gonna try to brew a Helles clone next winter). Tons of huge beers. I think they will even order stuff for you if they can get it. They use both available distributors in WI.

Check it out!

Sweet! Its been a long time since I have been up that way. There is a Woodman's out towards Wonder Lake. Be interesting to see what their brew supply is like.

Back