South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 11!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys,
i had every intention of getting up the jersey this week but my boss's wife passed away yesterday down here and the funeral is saturday, so naturally i'm trying to avoid coming up. my grain will be picked up regardless either by rtt121 (short notice on his part, so not sure if he will have the space) or my dad will swing by to get it.

since i wouldnt physically be able to be there i was trying to see if indigi, OLDBREW and longke would mind giving me the sacks from the splits to keep it a little simpler? i've also PM'd you guys, sorry for the short notice. if not i'll work it out, thanks.

Jeff, if my father picks up the grain he will have my remaining balance for you, if rtt121 picks up for me, me and you will work something out (paypal again?) for your money.

I hope the city plows my street if a foot is really going to fall tonight. Worse comes to worse hitch the dog up with a sled.. how much is the toll headed back over the bridge for no axles?

Looks like the weather isn't going to let up.

Unfortunately, we will need to cancel our pickup for tomorrow.

I'm sorry if this causes any trouble for those of you know may have needed to make special plans to pick up. With the amount of snow that is on the ground at this time, there is no way our grain will be safe.

The first day that we will be able to arrange a new pickup day would be Wednesday, Feb. 2nd.

I will look into it further tomorrow afternoon and let everyone know a definite time.
I apologize for any inconvenience.

Looks like we should be fine for tomorrow's pickup. Looking at weather.com now...
The lot will be covered with snow/sleet/ice during the pickup. There is no way to keep the grain from getting wet under these conditions.

Bump so everyone sees.
Looks like the weather isn't going to let up.

I'm sorry if this causes any trouble for those of you know may have needed to make special plans to pick up. With the amount of snow that is on the ground at this time, there is no way our grain will be safe.

The first day that we will be able to arrange a new pickup day would be Wednesday, Feb. 2nd.

I will look into it further tomorrow afternoon and let everyone know a definite time.
I apologize for any inconvenience.

I hope NEMF doesn't get pissed with 2 pallets taking up room on their dock for another week....perhaps ferman's tarp idea aint so bad

I wouldn't mind shoveling a little area out of the way where we can do splits, etc.

For selfish reasons of course, I am flat out of 2-Row. Hahaha

I can help shovel out but i have a jeep we can load up and meet somewhere else if need be.

Quick update from Jeff - he talked to the office personnel and there are no dock workers today. They are closed. Which means no one can unload our pallets for us anyway. So it's a no go for today. Too bad.

They usually have a storage charge for keeping pickup orders for more then a few days after scheduled pickup.

My pickup truck holds 1700 lbs payload, which a pallet weighs 2300lbs. A fork lift driver can just put the pallet right in the bed. I also have tarp and rope to wrap the whole pallet if you want to move it to an indoor location. If you want to just go somewhere real close by, I think it would handle the whole pallet for a short distance.

I will be using homer buckets for those who asked for the sacks, so no problem on my end.

There are two pallets this time, oldbrew.

we could make two trips if need be.

Maybe there will be no extra charge because of the weather. I think Jeff has someone else that has a pickup too.
Have to wait to see what the deal is at NEMF and see if we have another pickup area available

I too have a full size pickup. Maybe I can help.

Just not today - no one is there to load the pallet on our trucks.

If there are no extra charges we can wait until next week.
Last time they wanted to charge a storage fee, so Jeff had to move it over to where he works.

same with me i can help tomorrow if we need to i only have a hatch back but i can carry and make trips... It would be perfect if were able to pick it up from them tomorrow.

Next time it'd be sweet if we could set up some kind of email chain/PM chain or something. I am out of state for work and wasn't really able to monitor this thread daily and didn't receive any notification about it until my dad called me just now from the parking lot.

Next time it'd be sweet if we could set up some kind of email chain/PM chain or something. I am out of state for work and wasn't really able to monitor this thread daily and didn't receive any notification about it until my dad called me just now from the parking lot.
sorry for any inconvience. I figured everyone would see the message posted here. He didn't have to drive to far did he?

If there are no extra charges we can wait until next week.
Last time they wanted to charge a storage fee, so Jeff had to move it over to where he works.
there will be no charge. They are closed when we had a scheduled pick up because of the weather so they are going to let me reschedule. Checking the weather reports tonight.

If you look at your subscribed threads.
There is a pull down menu at the bottom of the page that will let you get email notifications when someone posts in the threads you checked off.

I'm trying to figure out if Wednesday or Thursday of next week will be best for pick up. It looks like it going to snow a bit all week but there might be a break. I'll check the weather again tonight and send everyone a PM.

I'm also going to look into a covered pickup spot for the next round.

so I've checked out the weather just now.... looks like snow in the begining of the week so the best day would be Thursday. How does that day work for everyone? Snow or Shine, we'll just rip those pallets apart if we need to.

sorry for any inconvience. I figured everyone would see the message posted here. He didn't have to drive to far did he?

there will be no charge. They are closed when we had a scheduled pick up because of the weather so they are going to let me reschedule. Checking the weather reports tonight.

It wasn't a big deal, I will just probably have to hear about it once a week for the next few months :drunk:

thursday is better for me- got a blues jam 1st wednesday of the month at the Psalm Salon, overbrook ave in philadelphia

Hey everyone, after a couple of months of my life going crazy I'm finally able to get back to brewing. Looking forward to the next group buy. Keep me posted please!

Back