Some Great Opening Credits Sequences...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
So I'm on this zomobie kick...awhile back I heard about Max Brooks' World War Z, and loved it, and I've been making my way through all the old Romero flicks, etc. I just got the 2004 remake of Dawn of the Dead from Netflix last night (I liked the original, but it wasn't really scary), and watched the beginning half of it this morning.

And I gotta say, the opening credits are effing sweet. It's a montage of various grainy scenes of carnage and zombie-age with Johnny Cash's 'The Man Comes Around' playing over top of it. There was something really great about that...they could have chosen any number of more somber Cash tunes, of which there is certainly no shortage...but that one...the lyrics are pretty eerie, but the chords are slightly more upbeat than alot of his stuff, and it plays really well.

Gotta love great opening credits. Any favorites?

Yeah the opening credits/sequence in that film is fantastic. Terrific movie. I'm a big zombie movie freak myself. Love the zombie flicks.

Speaking of cool opening credits... remember "The Naked Gun" ?

I really like when Richard Cheese's version of Distubed's Down with The Sickness is playing in that movie, great scenes.

Not the opening credits but the first couple minutes of Red Dawn I always thought was good movie start.

:off: If you enjoyed World War Z, pick up a copy of the Zombie Survival Guide. Love Max Brooks!

Drunkensatyr said:
:off: If you enjoyed World War Z, pick up a copy of the Zombie Survival Guide. Love Max Brooks!

Already got it. Dunno why, but the whole Zombie genre is just addictive.

aekdbbop said:
surely you have seen Shaun of the dead.. love the Opening credits on that one too

Seen it, but it's been a few months. Refresh my memory...

I just saw "The Forbidden Zone" and the opening credits and the whole damn movie are just about the craziest thing I have ever seen. Kinda like a car wreck with injuries, you just can't look away. Highly recommended, lots of boobies, and lots of crazy **** going on. Herv'e Villechaize (the plane boss, the plane!) king of the underworld, and more crazy stuff than you can think of. Danny Elfman, the lead singer for Oingo Boingo does the music and plays Satan. Did I say this was crazy?

Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
Back