Software to reverse engineer a beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DBABrewer

Reaction score
While I was in Seattle, I discovered the Lucille IPA by GeorgeTown and could not get enough of it. Unfortunately, you can't find it anywhere outside WA and I live in CA. However, GeorgeTown does put out details about their beer which I hope to use to reverse engineer there beer. Given the details below, could someone recommend software to reverse engineer this amazing IPA.

Lucille IPA details:
2-row Pale, Caramel, and Carapils.
Columbus, Centennial, Amarillo, Simcoe, and Cascade Hops.
IBU's 85.
English Ale Yeast.
Alcohol by volume 6.8%.
73079.jpg

Thanks in advance!

BeerSmith can absolutely help you do this, but there will likely be some trial and error necessary. Some of the clone recipe pros can surely offer more advice.

I don't know anything about GeorgeTown, but if they're a little brewery you might even give them a call and see if you can get on the phone with the brewer. They might be happy to tell you more about their beer.

None of those ingredients seem like they would make a beer particularly cloudy. I would love to find out what they did to that beer if it really doesn't have anything like flaked barley to make it that cloudy.

I was thinking the same thing. Might be wheat that they're leaving out of what they're telling you.

That's an awful dense, creamy head for that grain bill too.

Thanks to everyone for all your replies. I'll get my hand on BeerSmith and call the GeorgeTown brewery. Thanks again.

Back