Software for using available ingredients

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skarekrough

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked a hundred times. I did a search and wasn't able to come up with anything.

I have a handfull of grains and hops leftover from recipes I have completed in the past.

Is there a software package out there that will let me input those ingredients and then come up with recipes which use some or all of the ingredients?

Thanks for your time and I'm sorry if this has been asked to death already!

I usually just post something in the recipes section here and folks make good suggestions. Who needs software when you have HBT? :D

Beer Smith has inventory. You can input your inventory and it will keep track. You can add everything from Malts to Bottle Caps to Water Addatives. As long as it's in the reciepe it will remove the items from your inventory on brew day. Then you can go and creat a new reciepe and there's an option show only ingreadints in the inventory. But as far as you adding a bunch of ingrediants into a software and it spitting out a reciepe I don' know of anything like that exists.

But as far as you adding a bunch of ingrediants into a software and it spitting out a reciepe nothing like that exists.

Incorrect! Somewhat,

BeerSmith DOES have a search feature where, as long as you have the recipes in your database, it will allow you to search your DB with a filter based on inventory ingredients.

It won't generate a recipe from thin air, but it will compare what you have on hand to what is needed in the recipes in the database and then it will result a list of those with hits.

Incorrect! Somewhat,

It won't generate a recipe from thin air, but it will compare what you have on hand to what is needed in the recipes in the database and then it will result a list of those with hits.

Thanks for being that rude. As I was to understand the OP's question was to just that; put in a some random ingrediants and get a reciepe out of thin air. WHICH is why I took the time to explain the inventory feature on Beer Smith. Apparently I didn't do it that well. Not to mention I prefaced my statement with "that I know of", all hale you and your supieror knowledge of beer software.

Back