So I bought a massive commercial kegerator.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HickoryMike

Reaction score
On a whim, I offered a guy on craislist $900 and two cases of homebrew for a 4-tap, True, commercial kegerator. The seller was asking more than twice what I offered, but was intrigued by the idea of getting a bunch of homebrew and agreed to the deal.

I didn't expect this offer to be accepted--I'm excited, but again, this is all happening quite suddenly. I feel good about the deal, but now I'm dealing with the usual buyer's remorse. Is this thing going to be too big (69" long...not too bad, but still a beast)? Is this thing going to be to loud to have in my kitchen/dining (I have a basement, but it's the opposite of a man-cave currently)? Is the compressor on this thing going to die the second I get it home?

I need to tap the wisdom of HBT on this one.

I would check it out in person before committing. Make sure it has been plugged in for at least a day and that it is cold. Check the seals and for any non-cosmetic damage. Listen to the compressor cycle. I suspect that it is fairly loud, but only your ears can judge whether it is too loud for you.

Back