So did I get a good deal? (Swing Tops)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Husher

Reaction score
I found a guy on craigslist who's wine shop is going out of business. He was offering swing top bottles, without the caps at 50 cents each. I bought six 12 packs, and a few dozen caps at 50 cents each.

These particular bottles have a rim so they can be capped the usual way or have the swing top attached. I don't need as many as I bought but I figure at that price I can keep them in the closet and buy more caps if I suddenly need capacity.

The going rate for a swing top bottle here is $3.25 plus 13% tax here, so I'm thinking 50 cents plus the cost of buying a cap is a pretty good deal.

I just picked up 22 of them for 11 bucks with caps and all. I didn't get them at a store though. I got them from the folks that posted an ad on craigslist to give away 2 pounds of cascade hops on the vine. Nothing smells better than your car with a couple trashbags full of hops!

Back