Show us your Mead in a photo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My berry melomel. Back-sweeten with wildflower honey and added some acid blend to brighten it up.
I have 2 additional gallons sitting on 2 ounces of medium toasted oak cubes. I will let it sit for a couple weeks then sample its progress

Dan6310

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394402293.613655.jpg

Andvari7! Where did you get those bottles?!?!? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I buy the bottles, and the beer contained within, from liquor stores around Madison, WI. Eighteen months, and quite a lot of money, went into the collection. That doesn't even comprise the entire lot - the rest is in the fridge.

I've used five of the bottles for my most recent batch of beer, which I bottled two hours ago.

Lol. That's what I kinda figured!

My berry melomel. Back-sweeten with wildflower honey and added some acid blend to brighten it up.
I have 2 additional gallons sitting on 2 ounces of medium toasted oak cubes. I will let it sit for a couple weeks then sample its progress

Dan6310

You're not worried about the sediment on these? They look a bit cloudy still.

You're not worried about the sediment on these? They look a bit cloudy still.

Not worried at all on this batch. It is pectin haze. My oaked batch has pectin enzyme in it and it has cleared well.
Doesn't effect taste only appearance and I don't plan on entering it in any competitions.
Dan

Dan6310

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1395110171.275259.jpg

On the right is a Meyer Lemon, Blueberry Infused Cranberry Mead I just racked into secondary yesterday (3/16/14)

On the left is a simple Honey Raisin I will be adding Vanilla Beans into during secondary.

Planning on starting a new batch this weekend to ease my desire to drink it all before it's even mead...LOL!

In other news, I told my wife I was going to take a picture of my mead for the forum as I walked out of the family room...she did a double take and said "You're taking a picture of your MEAT for a forum??!!" ROFL!!!

American by Birth
Viking by the grace of Odin

Seeking peace through mead.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395164332.892024.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395164372.310225.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395164485.646331.jpg

The lovely golden glass is a BOMM traditional, the translucent brown is a blueberry bochet, and the opaque glass is a pumpkin spice that will probably never clear (used powdered cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg, oops)

15# clover honey, 10# blueberries in primary, 5# blueberries in secondary. Boiled honey for 3 hrs until it was a nice dark color. Added water to 5 gal and blueberries. Added nutrient and pitched EC-1118. Fermented to 1.010 and either stalled or ran out of fermentable sugars due to carmelization of the honey. It was still purple when it stopped dropping lees in December. At some point it turned brownish, but still tastes strongly of blueberries, great blueberry nose, too. OG was 1.142, so it has a bit of a kick, but it's mellowed out nicely. Kinda nutty blended with blueberry. Very nice and dangerously smooth. Will be bottling this weekend.

EDIT: I looked over my notes last night and it was 20# of honey, not 15.

JAMO in a bottle...Towards the end it was getting cloudy as you can see in the fourth bottle. I didnt want to waste any so I put the rest in a mason jar and placed in the refridge...:mug:

20140318_175626.jpg

20140319_154319.jpg

20140319_154325.jpg

Not your typical mead shot, final gravity reading before bottling my Game of Thrones mead version 2, FG 0.990, 14% of earthy sweet spicy goodness, four months nearly to the day since this was Colorado sourced honey, dates, and jalapeno peppers. Color and clarity almost seductive, no finings or filtering used, just three rackings over four months with the last two weeks spent at 34 degrees.

got2.jpg

Not your typical mead shot, final gravity reading before bottling my Game of Thrones mead version 2, FG 0.990, 14% of earthy sweet spicy goodness, four months nearly to the day since this was Colorado sourced honey, dates, and jalapeno peppers. Color and clarity almost seductive, no finings or filtering used, just three rackings over four months with the last two weeks spent at 34 degrees.

It's a beauty! April 6th will be here oh so soon!

My farm chilli mead in its secondary, clearing up nice and my new bhut jolokia mead made today,,,,,

Sent from my C6903 using Home Brew mobile app

1395563674511.jpg

1395563689565.jpg

1395563724652.jpg

My farm chilli mead in its secondary, clearing up nice and my new bhut jolokia mead made today,,,,,

Sent from my C6903 using Home Brew mobile app

Fantastic! Would you mind sharing your Bhut Jolokia recipe? I am planning on a Habanero mead soon and thought I was unique, LOL!

American by Birth

Thanks! The dates and peppers and repeated rackings and many samples reduced the original five gallons to just over three, but I am okay with it. Are you also doing a GOT mead (see the GOT thread https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f30/game-thrones-mead-397184/)

Sadly I did not get into mead soon enough to get one going! Maybe I should start one for the season after this one...

Heres my first mead, simple sweet raspberry! Need to get some printer ink to make my labels then they will need to sit for quite some time before they taste any good. But not ive got an empty carboy that needs some joam!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

1395697551979.jpg

I found a great source of local TN honey and wanted to experiment. Made a 4 gallon batch BOMM style, let it get down to 1.020ish, stabilized then split it off into these. Left to right: Plain, for comparison; Lime/jalapeno; strawberry; and blackberry/vanilla. Will update pics as the process continues!

Mead.JPG

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396137740.154971.jpg

First batch, cleared nicely with a half teaspoon of bentonite (one gallon batch). Drinkable after a month...would clearly get better with age but it will never make it ;)

American by Birth

This is my latest, an apple cyser. I used 1.5 gallons of apple juice and 0.5 gallons juiced apples that were about to go south, 32 oz dakota clover honey. Came out to just shy of 2 gallons (10 bottles). I'm not very creative with labels, so I just whipped together some things pasted together from google. Bottled it today. I took the leftovers from the racking cane's hose for sampling, and it tastes like a strong apple juice with a kick, have yet for the other flavors to come forward.

SDC11307.jpg

ywRlW0E.jpg

This is my first mead I bottled; it's a dry traditional made with some local wildflower honey. I've bulked aged it for 3 months before getting impatient and bottling it the other day. There's still a bit of alcohol bite, but so far I'm liking the flavor. The wife likes it too, so that's super points in my book!

Finished my braggot last week and bottle conditioned it, just opened one to see if the conditioning worked. Tastes like a sweet light beer.ImageUploadedByHome Brew1396407164.402098.jpg

Wow, sweet mug! Any idea where I could find one like that? ? Thanks!

Haha i actually got it in a thrift shop in Scotland soooo, that doesn't help you much hahaha. It was a great find though, even has my name on it already!

I would check the internet, you can fine anything there i hear ;P

Posted on the GOT thread, sorry if you will see it twice. Waiting to be opened tonight for Season 4, a bottle of my Game of Thrones mead created a year ago to the day. I trust it has aged well and retains the fiery sweetness inspired by Daenerys Targaryen. To her, may I quote: "My sword is yours. My life is yours. My heart is yours."

got season 4.jpg

View attachment 189435

First batch, cleared nicely with a half teaspoon of bentonite (one gallon batch). Drinkable after a month...would clearly get better with age but it will never make it ;)

American by Birth

Where can I get a horn and stand like that one?!

Attachments

• great odins raven.png
    great odins raven.png
    158.4 KB · Views: 745
wow I began my last two meads march 28 too! cool coincidence!! it must be finishing sweet!

My first batch of mead just put in the carboy! Needs to be topped off still after fermentation has died down!

vF0sV03.jpg

wow I began my last two meads march 28 too! cool coincidence!! it must be finishing sweet!

Actually, I bottled it on the 28th, and Started it on 2/09. Still, the 28th seems like it's a good day for Mead! :mug:

These are my two meads going right now, one on the left, the more orange one, is a show mead with raw honey from Oakland, one on the right is a peach tea mead with snapple peach tea and honey from oakland as well.

988397_10152006123825869_1884721729_n.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

Latest posts

Back