Show me your taps! (through a wall)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denverdan

Reaction score
I have space in our utility room for a refrigerator and I was thinking of running lines from the fridge through an adjacent wall. I'm pretty lazy so I figured this would be fairly easy to accomplish.....drill a few holes in the fridge and the drywall, install taps on the wall, place a table under the taps, and hang a nice picture above for decoration. Next, serve beer from said wall.

I'd like to see some photos to get ideas if anybody else has done this. Thanks!

Sounds like a great idea. I would be worried about beer sitting in the line in the wall, getting warm, and then you getting a ton of foam to start. (Sorry to be negative—just don’t want you to ruin walls or fridges!). Sounds cool though. Good luck and update us!

Generally what I’ve seen for extended runs up into a wall is to create an insulated conduit pipe in which you run a copper line of glycol out to the tap and then back to the keezer. One 1/4” copper should do it for 2-3 beer lines next to it. You have to place a jug full of glycol in your keezer with an immersible pump to circulate...

Latest posts

Back