Show me your keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRHunter

Reaction score
I just bought a 7.2 cubic foot chest freezer that I plan on converting to a keezer. But before I start buying materials I would like to see what everyone else has done. Thanks!

Here's my plan for the 15 cu ft freezer in my dining room:

keezer.jpg

Criticism includes the fact that it may be annoying to pull a beer from the center tap. I want to turn this into a peninsula-style bar with the taps against the wall, and the critics don't have me persuaded to change it yet.

I've had the design in mind for nearly a year, and I started a thread about it last summer. The image shows 9 holes for faucet shanks, but it's probably going to have 7, instead. I think I'm finally going to start working on it this month!

:mug:5 of the 6 faucets are Perlick, last one on the far end is a Intertap. I prefer the Perlick, but the Intertap is a good product.

The pic below, I was 'testing' tap handles. The two on the left are from William's Brewing, one on the right is a Kegco brand from Beverage Factory. As you can tell from the first photo, I settled on the SS from William's.

The inside.

Very nice..
what are those silver canisters inside? they look like filters? or something... do you have a build thread?

:mug:5 of the 6 faucets are Perlick, last one on the far end is a Intertap. I prefer the Perlick, but the Intertap is a good product.

The pic below, I was 'testing' tap handles. The two on the left are from William's Brewing, one on the right is a Kegco brand from Beverage Factory. As you can tell from the first photo, I settled on the SS from William's.

The inside.

Very nice..
what are those silver canisters inside? they look like filters? or something... do you have a build thread?

The silver things are FOB detectors. It is a cylinder with a float inside. When the keg runs out the cylinder fills with foam and the float drops and stops the flow of beer to the tap. Keeps the beer lines foam free. These are not needed in a short beer line setup like mine... but sometime in the near future I hope to make my keezer be remote, and have longer lines where FOB detectors would be more practical.

Here is a link to my build: Whirlpool 15cuft Keezer Build

Back