Should I Try My Beer Now

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go for it. Just know that it probably won't be at its best yet. But it will let you know how it's coming along.

If you try it after 1 week it probably won't be carbed fully and won't be conditioned and will probably taste like crap because it is still very green...So don't start an "is my beer ruined thread." :D Because it's not....it's young.

We recommend 3 weeks minimum @ 70 degrees to carb and allow the beer to condition to get rid of any off flavors...

This explains why...there's even a video..

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=558191&postcount=101

I know you are excited, but in this hobby patience is greatly rewarded with better beer.

If you try it after 1 week it probably won't be carbed fully and won't be conditioned and will probably taste like crap because it is still very green...So don't start an "is my beer ruined thread." :D Because it's not....it's young.

We recommend 3 weeks minimum @ 70 degrees to carb and allow the beer to condition to get rid of any off flavors...

I know you are excited, but in this hobby patience is greatly rewarded with better beer.

I completely agree with everything Revvy says here. But if this is your very first batch, I also say go ahead and try one bottle. Then you'll know why everybody says to wait longer. So pop a cap and drink up! :mug: (And leave the rest alone for another few weeks at minimum.)

But if this is your very first batch, I also say go ahead and try one bottle. Then you'll know why everybody says to wait longer. So pop a cap and drink up! :mug: (And leave the rest alone for another few weeks at minimum.)

Great minds and all!!!!:mug:

It's not about NOT trying your first beer right away, it is just realizing that it might taste "funny" and not be carbed, and not to be dissapointed or worried that something is "wrong." When funky flavors are pretty typical in a young beer...

In fact, Blindlemon :off: I just got a bit of "good news" in tasting one of my beers....I brewed a batch of my Old Bog Road Brown Ale that I was hoping to enter into the Michigan State Fair next months....It was brewed with the same harvest pacman yeast batch that the beer in my time heals all wounds thread....it too had a bit of the bubblegum flavor, so I figured there was no way I'd enter that, unless it cleaned up substantially...well, this week's test pint is tasting pretty awesone! :ban:

I bottled the ones for the contest in 12 ouncers, so I'm figuring those might even be ahead of the game in terms of conditioning....I believe the state fair deadline is 2 weeks away...so I may enter it...I'm not picking up that flaw any more....

So we'll see!

This explains why...there's even a video..

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showpost.php?p=558191&postcount=101

Anyone else see that we are all starting to agree on the same tried and true methods, and that we all now have videos that we reference to for the noob help. Just kinda cool that people are giving advice and referencing based on what other people have done in here. Talk about a self contained and sufficient community!.

You *can*, it just probably won't be very good yet. Although I must say that when I first started brewing I tried a lot of my beers at 1 week and every once in a while I'd get one that tasted pretty goot at 1 week.

Having said that, even if it tastes pretty good after a week, it will taste even better after 2 more weeks.

Just and FYI, all upper-case usually means your SHOUTING. We (or at least I) try to stay low key until midnight. :)

Anyone else see that we are all starting to agree on the same tried and true methods, and that we all now have videos that we reference to for the noob help. Just kinda cool that people are giving advice and referencing based on what other people have done in here. Talk about a self contained and sufficient community!.

And anyone can use that link to my post...I know biermuncher did once. I wrote that and kept adapting it primarily to keep from everyone having to repeat the same thing over and over....same with the "don't dump your beer" story. It's a good story on the benefits of patience....

Back