Should I re-sanitize

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_bell

Reaction score
True to form, I got ready to bottle yesterday and santized all my bottles but then decided I wasn't in the mood to bottle. (Had not transferred the beer to the bottling bucket yet).

My question then, should I re-sanitize all these bottles, or are they ok after about 24 hours now? I have them stored on a bottle rack.

I have to bottle tonight as this brew has been in the primary x 9 weeks--took a sample last night and it tastes great!

I would. IMO it isn't worth the risk of losing a whole batch (or even a partial batch) of beer to skip a few minutes and few cents worth of sanitizer. Plus, if you use a no-rinse sanitizer such as Starsan, they only work while wet anyway. Once dried they are again susceptible to contamination. There's still a good chance that the bottles are perfectly fine, but better safe than sorry is what I usually go by.

Ya, I just decided to do it. I use a vinorator (sp?) which works great, took about 3 minutes and I figured the same, why risk it with a batch that is tasting really good.

Ya general rule with sanitation: If you are asking, then you should.

:mug:

I was going to say this before i even read the thread. After I read the thread I said, this guy needs to find a couple hundred bucks lying on the street corner and use it to buy a keg.

Back