Should I rack again?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toddster

Reaction score
I racked an American Wheat to the secondary 5 days ago. There was some pretty healthy secondary fermentation for a couple days and it has now ceased. there is a lot of stuff on bottom. Should I rack the beer off of this to finish clarifying or let it stay. I figure that it will stay on the the stuff for about 10 days. Thanks for your help.

Todd

you don't have to, and i probably wouldn't. my last hefe was like that, and it didn't hurt a thing. let it sit and ponder your next brew!

DeRoux's Broux said:
you don't have to, and i probably wouldn't. my last hefe was like that, and it didn't hurt a thing. let it sit and ponder your next brew!

That's bad advice to let it sit and ponder your next brew.

Let it sit and BREW your next brew! :D

Have you taken a gravity reading? Bottle when it's within the FG range of the style.

Be sure not to disturb the yeast fallout in the bottom.

homebrewer_99 said:
That's bad advice to let it sit and ponder your next brew.

Let it sit and BREW your next brew! :D

DOH! (i just assumed he had one set-up, and with the hefe sitt'n another 10 days he wouldn't have any place to rack another batch into, and.....and.....and......) :p

Back