Should I pick this up for a keezer build?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like it will hold more than just 1 corny keg! Looks like it might hold 2-3 pretty easily. But if you are talking about 15.5 gal sanke, then you might be right. Ive tried to paint a fridge before, it didnt turn out glossy and smooth like a store bought...if its metal, you might have to sand down the whole thing for a base-up paintjob and it should work out.

My Freezer had surface rust since it had sat outside through the winter. I tool a wire wheel to it with the drill, then sanded everything down to take off the existing gloss. I repainted my freezer with two cans of Black Epoxy Appliance Paint and it turned out looking like new.

I would ask them to have it plugged in and running before you get there to make sure it works. Other than that, if it will hold the number of kegs you're wanting, it looks like a perfect candidate.

I think that thing is sweet!

My 2 cents: The brown faux wood grain is groovy...kind of reminds me of an old paneled basement. I would try polishing it up before you paint over it. May even try wiping some stain over it to cover any scratches.

The nice thing about this freezer is, it has the condensing coils on the back. So you should be able to drill right through the front or sides and not worry about puncturing a line. It would make a really easy keezer build for sure.

cool i got my choices narrowed to that freezer and a 250 dollar kegerator with 3 cornies and 2 co2 tanks with all the needed stuff gonna get that if its still available

cool i got my choices narrowed to that freezer and a 250 dollar kegerator with 3 cornies and 2 co2 tanks with all the needed stuff gonna get that if its still available

If that includes the regulator's, taps, keg couplers, etc.. it's worth $250 for the parts alone.

If you have the room, I would get both. That $10 freezer would be great for lagering, crash cooling or for fermentation control. I also think it looks cool as is. Don't hesitate or someone else is going to snap it up.

Latest posts

Back