Shelving Rack Brewstand?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Razorbrew

Reaction score
Any one using the heavy duty shelving rack from Home Depot for a brew stand?

Edsal 4 Shelf Heavy Duty Steel Shelving Unit 77 in. Width x 24 in. Depth x 78 in. Height

shelvingrack.jpg

I was looking into using one of those. I ended up piecing something similar with scaffolding. But I think that could work! Run all tubing through the grates, you could have a 3 tier system if you remove the lower 2 shelves.

I was thinking about attaching the burners to the cross bars and setting the pots directly above on the grates. Do you think the grates will stand up to 150,000 BTU burners?

I have one in the box in my basement awaiting my electric system build.
I'm going to place the vessels on the middle shelf, pumps on the bottom and a hood at the top.

Razorbrew said:
I was thinking about attaching the burners to the cross bars and setting the pots directly above on the grates. Do you think the grates will stand up to 150,000 BTU burners?

They look to be about 3/16 rod. I think that they might sag once they get that hot.

Let me know how this goes, if you decide to go this way. I was thinking of doing the same for my build.

Has anyone found an easy way to attach casters on to these racks. I was looking at these today and decided not to purchase because i need a way to move this from the back of garage to the door.

Do not use the original grates, they will not hole up to the heat, I use angle iron set so it creates an upside down "v" and the kettles sit on that. I removed some castors off a harbor freight furniture dolly and drilled some holes in the feet of the stand and the fit on there nicely, this is the only pic of my stand I have right now.

image-3689351922.jpg

Back