She said yes!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryush806

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
No I didn't ask her to marry me...that happened a while ago.

So some background, we just moved to Shreveport, LA and downsized to an apartment for 6 months or so while we decide in what part of town we want to buy a house. My fermentation fridge somehow landed in the dining room. That's just where the movers dropped it I guess? Anyway, I hadn't brewed since the move and was feeling the itch...

So I asked SWMBO if she thought it'd be ok for me to put the fridge on the apartment balcony since there's a plug out there and it'd be sorta out of the way. She didn't really like that idea because it messed up her "pretty space outside". So being kind of frustrated and a little bit sarcastic I said I was just going to plug it in in the dining room where it was sitting. And she said that would be fine!!! Now I can sit in my chair, watch football, drink beer, and monitor my fermentation temp all at the same time! Next step is to convince her to let me put my kegerator next to the chair...one can always dream? :tank:

^ditto.

I have a 38DD Mother of Fermentation chiller in the living room that I use when the ferm freezer's occupied.

SWMBO approved, because I skinned it in thin plywood and stained it. It's to the right of the TV, in plain sight and not outta the way at all. Looks sorta like a cabinet.

Question 1, why would she care? It's been sitting there since you moved in, what difference does it make that it was plugged in? :drunk:
Question 2, if it's just been sitting there, why would you even ask if you could plug it in?

IrregularPulse said:
Question 1, why would she care? It's been sitting there since you moved in, what difference does it make that it was plugged in? :drunk:
Question 2, if it's just been sitting there, why would you even ask if you could plug it in?

I've honestly been waiting for her to freak out a little about that very fact. We had only been in this place a little over a month when I brought it up, so I was expecting to be told to move it.

As far as the actually using it goes, I didn't think she would care if it were plugged in but more if it had a fermenting beer in it. My fermentations get messy every now and then. Either she's forgotten about that or she doesn't care since we're in an apartment.

All you need now is a little plastic tube from the tap to your mouth, and maybe a wireless push button (remote) to turn the tap on and off.

No I didn't ask her to marry me...that happened a while ago.

So some background, we just moved to Shreveport, LA and downsized to an apartment for 6 months or so while we decide in what part of town we want to buy a house. My fermentation fridge somehow landed in the dining room. That's just where the movers dropped it I guess? Anyway, I hadn't brewed since the move and was feeling the itch...

So I asked SWMBO if she thought it'd be ok for me to put the fridge on the apartment balcony since there's a plug out there and it'd be sorta out of the way. She didn't really like that idea because it messed up her "pretty space outside". So being kind of frustrated and a little bit sarcastic I said I was just going to plug it in in the dining room where it was sitting. And she said that would be fine!!! Now I can sit in my chair, watch football, drink beer, and monitor my fermentation temp all at the same time! Next step is to convince her to let me put my kegerator next to the chair...one can always dream? :tank:
she is waiting for you to get that dude filled up then it has to go. its gotta be moved. i cannot stand to look at it. moms coming to visit. if you cared about my fillings. man ive been married to long to know when you are being lined up

Gar said:
she is waiting for you to get that dude filled up then it has to go. its gotta be moved. i cannot stand to look at it. moms coming to visit. if you cared about my fillings. man ive been married to long to know when you are being lined up

Well...it's been almost two months, I've fermented a batch or two and her mom has visited multiple times. I honestly don't think it's going to be any kind of issue. Turns out my wife is actually pretty cool with my hobby. She drinks more of my homebrew than I do.

Well...it's been almost two months, I've fermented a batch or two and her mom has visited multiple times. I honestly don't think it's going to be any kind of issue. Turns out my wife is actually pretty cool with my hobby. She drinks more of my homebrew than I do.

Damn am i the only one living like Al Bundy. JK

damn am i the only one living like al bundy. Jk

no-maam.jpg

Brother DrNecropolis will you please read the minutes of the last meeting :)

"Where Christmas is nice, and lap dances are half price, at the nudie bar.
Where you drink down the shooters, and unwrap the hooters, at the nudie bar.
Where eggnogs are plenty, and the girls all twenty, at the nudie bar."

Back