serving at room temp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FromZwolle

I don't want to be cremated, I want to be malted.
Reaction score
I've seen a bunch of information about serving beer at room temps, but what about soda?

It's about to get real chilly, so my garage kegorator isn't going to be usable. I plan on having one keg in my mini fridge inside for beer. I'd like to have another for soda as well, but that won't fit in the fridge so it would need to be room temp.

Since soda has such high carb levels, it would need pretty high pressure to maintain. Of course, that means it blasts out of the taps like a sick kid painting the hallway floor at 3 am. Could I compensate with a ludicrously long serving line? If so, how well does the soda in the line keep carbonation?

If you have a temp controller with both cooling and heating control could you not use a light bulb and maintain the appropriate temp over the chilly season?

Suppose faucets freezing may still be an issue.
maybe, but illinois winters can get brutal, not to mention me having to trek through the snow to get a glass of soda for someone else to drink. 🥶

Back