Seattle Science of Beer Event Registration

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigscience

Reaction score
I had this forwarded to me and I thought it sounded cool and something to post here. I'm not sure if it'll be disappointing on either front, Beer or Science, but the price is right. If any other HBTers go, we should set up a meet and greet in the corner.

http://www.pnwsciencefestival.org/ssob2011

Seattle Science of Beer Event Registration

Did you know that the same yeast used to make your favorite beer is helping to find the cure for cancer and other diseases? Learn about the colorful history of beer up-to and including the latest findings in yeast genetics, all while sampling some great beers and nibbling on appetizers.

Join us for a FREE Happy Hour, networking and entertaining talk including exhibits showcasing promotions, samples, and raffle prizes. Also learn about the educational programs sponsored the PNW Science & Engineering Initiative.

Why attend? The presentation is entertaining and given by a research scientist and expert brewer. Sample delicious food and drinks. Support this community educational event and the USA Science & Engineering Festival (www.usasciencefestival.org). Best of all, it is FREE so bring a friend!

Please note: Participants must be 21 and over and members of the biotech or life science communities.

Who Should Attend? We are reaching out to the biotech and scientific communities and invite all community biotech P.I.'s, Researchers, Lab Personnel, Manufacturing & Purchasing in academic research institutes and companies in the area.

When:
Wednesday, August 10, 2011 at 5:30-7:30pm

199 East Blaine Street
Seattle, WA 98102

Free Parking Instructions:
Enter Gilead’s parking garage from Fairview Ave. E., walk back out of garage and enter building from E. Blaine Street lobby

Website and directions:
www.gilead.com/map_seattle

Back