Seattle area Breweries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubprocess

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have found an amazing map of all the Seattle breweries but I wanted some opinions on more up to date hot spots. I am visiting Seattle and surrounding area for about a week and have been simply overwhelmed by the number of breweries in the area.

We usually prefer good IPAs and Belgians but are up for anything. We wanna know the world class guys in the area.. ala Russian River, Sierra Nevada, Stone, etc...Who are the ones really pushing West Coast style beers and flipping the European styles on their heads? annnnnnnnnnnd go! :ban:

That's not exactly the Seattle vibe, man. It's more about every guy with a beard decides to open a brewery and serve delicious beer. There are 10 within 10 miles of my house and I'm way the hack out on the edge of the suburbs. Just about anywhere you go you can get a delicious ipa, the city is in love w them.

That being said, I do have some favorites. Schooner exact has a simply beautiful ipa (and their bba imperial porter is one of the best beers I've had) so check them out. Elysian always has something really innovative on tap, but as with anyone pushing the boundary, there are hits and misses. Sound brewery in poulsbo has some great Belgian beers, my favorite being monk's indiscretion, a Belgian strong ale, almost like a barley wine. And I know you didn't mention these styles, but I gotta mention black raven for their excellent darker beers and Fremont for their hoppy summer ales.

I hope this helps and welcome to the emerald city!

I always recommend Black Raven. They're on the Eastside (Redmond), but have awesome brews, and always something unique on tap. In the city, Id recommend Fremont Brewing. If you're into Belgians, Brouwers is great. Not a brewery, but about 50 beers on tap with over 100 bottles. Specializing in Belgian brews.

That's not exactly the Seattle vibe, man. It's more about every guy with a beard decides to open a brewery and serve delicious beer. There are 10 within 10 miles of my house and I'm way the hack out on the edge of the suburbs. Just about anywhere you go you can get a delicious ipa, the city is in love w them.

That being said, I do have some favorites. Schooner exact has a simply beautiful ipa (and their bba imperial porter is one of the best beers I've had) so check them out. Elysian always has something really innovative on tap, but as with anyone pushing the boundary, there are hits and misses. Sound brewery in poulsbo has some great Belgian beers, my favorite being monk's indiscretion, a Belgian strong ale, almost like a barley wine. And I know you didn't mention these styles, but I gotta mention black raven for their excellent darker beers and Fremont for their hoppy summer ales.

I hope this helps and welcome to the emerald city!

Thanks for the info..I was checking out that Schooner Exact place and noticed there are some other breweries very close by in the area.. I also heard Foggy Noggin was cool, any thoughts?

Yeah after a bit of research yesterday the vibe is totally different up there. Looks like a lot of homebrewers turned nano seems to be the trend which is very cool.

Is there any good place for sours.. ie. The Bruery (Orange County) or Cascade (Portland)

I always recommend Black Raven. They're on the Eastside (Redmond), but have awesome brews, and always something unique on tap. In the city, Id recommend Fremont Brewing. If you're into Belgians, Brouwers is great. Not a brewery, but about 50 beers on tap with over 100 bottles. Specializing in Belgian brews.

Brouwers sounds interesting.. I have been noticing a trend as I research the local tap lists in brewpubs.. Many have a very low percentage of local WA beer on tap, or is it just me? I did a lot of research yesterday on brewpubs and noticed a lot of beers they have on tap are from here (california) or other states..I guess Im going to have to actually hit up the breweries to get the true taste of Washington!

Foggy Noggin is a cool little place. The guy runs a nano out of his house, he brews some really good English style ales.
Black Raven has some amazing barrel aged beers.
Dirty Bucket makes some good stouts and IPAs.
Elysian has a good Manic IPA series out right now.
Naked City has got a good tap selection along with some good beers that they brew.

Back