Score!!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon

Reaction score
I was trying to rationally talk SWMBO into letting me grow hops on the south facing side of the house, you know, just the 15 feet behind the AC unit.......

She says, "why don't you just grow hops on that whole side of the house"............. I know that you don't know her, but this was kind of a shocker.

So I have 5 rhizomes that I will be able to grow over a 40 foot stretch of house. It is a ranch, but the peak of the roof has to be 25' up. Now all I need is twine and some grommets.:mug:

Just thought I would share!

five rhizomes and a 40 foot stretch? You can fit about 8 more rhizomes back there, you know....

EvilTOJ said:
five rhizomes and a 40 foot stretch? You can fit about 8 more rhizomes back there, you know....

that's a relief because when I read that 5 is all he could get in 40 feet I was starting to sweat. I just bought 10 rhizomes and I defininetly don't have 80ft to grow them on.

Hops that are the same variety can be planted at least 3 feet apart. Hops that are different varieties should be at least 5 feet apart. I was trying to be devil's advocate imply since he has ALL that space, it'd be a shame for it to go to waste.... muahahaha

Thanks! You all are kind....and a little bit EVIL.....*said in mermaid man's voice if you have kids lol*

I have different varieties and I plan to splay two bines of each up to the roof.

Back