Saturdays aren't supposed to be like this

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCHombrew

Reaction score
so I'm not quite drunken yet but want to vent/ramble... I get up today to transplant rhizomes from pot to garden, and get in the car to go get a few things and realize I need to change the oil in my car. I get in the car to go get 5 quarts and a filter and guess what? Car wont start. After enough messing around I finally determine my battery is shot. A 7 year warranty battery dead after less than 2 yrs should be free (if not seriously pro-rated). So I'm on the way to the bank (in my wife's car) to cash an $80 check. Bank isn't open per say, but the drive through is so I get into (5 car) line in the drive through and the wife's car dings bc of course she needs gas. 25 mins later I get to the drive up teller thingy only to be told they're pcs just went down and they can't do ANYTHING. No withdrawals, no deposits, no check cashing. I contemplate going around the building to get some $$$ out of the atm and of course now its down as well. So now I need to get gas, change the oil in a car, before I jump start said car to the dealership (no auto-store will exchange a battery that came w/ a new car( I called around)) before I can mess w/ my rhizomes and pick up the bits I was going to use to make a dip tube for my new keggle. Here's to downing about a dozen homebrews and not doing jack.:mug:

SCHomebrew, at least you didn't find out about your car on Monday morning before work.

Looks like the Malt Gods do indeed want you to just relax today. Cheers. :)

Well atleast you didn't run out of gas waiting in the drive-thru.

HAHAHA. I was waiting for that part. Icing on the cake.

Life just sucks sometimes, man. I remember having my kids leave my car door open just enough so that it looked closed, but kept the lights on inside the car. I needed to get up early before work to take care of a few personal things before I headed in to work, which consisted of a high importance project starting immediately at work. I had to hook up the battery charger and wait for it to charge enough to start the car. Needless to say, the personal things didn't get taken care of, and I got to work late enough for the boss to consider firing me. Of course, it had to be the day that the SWMBOs car stayed overnight at the mechanic.

Sunday afternoon update: Oil changed, battery replaced, SWMBO's tank filled, check still un-cashed (@#$%^& banks), serious dent put in on hand home-brew, so I know what I'll be doing next weekend :D. Thanks for the words of commiseration all!

At least you didn't have 2 1/2 inches of rain, 70+mph winds, trees down everywhere and no power for 20 hours like me! Saturday sucked. The only good thing was I beat the crap out of my wife in Uno under the light of a small flashlight!

Here's to downing about a dozen homebrews and not doing jack.:mug:

Not doing jack is a good idea. We all have days where nothing goes right and the best thing to do is...well, nothing. Stop doing everything and there won't be anything to go wrong. Otherwise, you'll continue to get frustrated to the point of wanting to destroy things. Well, that's how it happens for me anyway. Best to go sit on the couch, have some homebrews, and watch TV.

At least you didn't have 2 1/2 inches of rain, 70+mph winds, trees down everywhere and no power for 20 hours like me! Saturday sucked. The only good thing was I beat the crap out of my wife in Uno under the light of a small flashlight!
My phone only displayed the first part of your last sentence and I almost spit my beer across the bar.

I hiked 5 miles and strained a lateral ligament in my knee Saturday, then by necessity did almost nothing on Sunday.

Ah well, the hike before the knee incident, and the doing nothing Sunday was good at least.

Back