Sankey to tri-clamp o-ring gasket?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outside92129

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can get some o-ring gaskets to fit sankey-to-triclamp? The gasket needs to be flat on one side (sankey) with a round ridge on the other side (triclamp). Everything i've found is either flat on both sides or ridged on both sides.

oring.JPG

If you can find a silicone baking dish, cut yourself one out of it. That is how I seal my Sanke - Tri-clamp joints...

doogie3484 said:
Couldn't you just trim the round part off of one side with a razer

I tried that... One too many blade slips for me... Also the Sanke fitting thickness didn't leave a lot of room for that gaskets I bought, even with thinning one side...

Hmmm, trimming has worked great for me. What type of gaskets did you buy?

On the sanke kit I have from Brewer's Hardware it just has an o-ring that fit inside the groove and it seals just fine. Of course it will have to get removed and cleaned every time but I'd guess that would be the case with a sanke fermenter anyways

They sell them individually but you can probably find them elsewhere too
http://www.brewershardware.com/Silicone-O-Ring-for-F1.html

I'm hoping to use this with my MLT (upside-down keg) on the output arm so a leak-free seal is needed. I had previously tried to cut off one of the ridges but with a razor i could not cut a perfectly flat surface and the little bumps on the seal look like they might leak (a grain of sand in a underwater camera seal is enough to flush $200-$2000 down the drain). Has this been a problem for anyone? The sheet-made gasket sounds like the next best bet, i'll give that a shot. The extra ridge is nice to keep things in place while assembling the junction, maybe i can run a bead of Si on the triclamp and fit the sheet-gasket on it? Does Silicon caulking stick to silicon? I've seen comments on the 'net going both way on Si-to-Si.

The o-ring from Brewers Hardware has been leak free for me. Not with liquid but with co2, I've tested it up to something like 30 psi without any leaks

Edit: not saying it leaked over 30psi, just that I didn't test it any higher than that

I am using the modified tri-clamp gasket in my HLT and MT and neither leak. I used a brand new razor blade and it worked fine. I think the o-ring is a great idea.

To quote one of my hipster friends: Oh Snap! Thanks for the link, they have all sorts of good fittings. But i gotta admit their website is so 1990's. $20 min order.

I just noticed you are in SD, I have some extra if you want one you can have it. But they have a lot of good prices for Sanitary fittings, so im sure you can fulfill the $20 requirement.

Im in the 92111.

I use silicone o-ring, size 138 HERE. Sometimes it is a bit of a pain to get it aligned on my bottom drain MT, but once seated correctly it has not leaked.

Buy ten of them and I'll buy a few from you. I'm sure a few others will too. I could always use more.

I was planning on buying the 2" silicone tri clamp gasket from brewershardware.com next week. Are people having problems with these? Do they not fit?

Heads up, get'em while you can! St Pat's is discontinuing the silicone sankey-to-triclamp o-ring. These aren't generic round o-rings but specific to sankey and triclamp connections, with the bump for the triclamp side and a "trough" for the sankey side.

http://www.stpats.com/
You can find them under: "Specialty Tools" --> "Modified End Caps", $2/ea.

Does anyone know where i can get some o-ring gaskets to fit sankey-to-triclamp? The gasket needs to be flat on one side (sankey) with a round ridge on the other side (triclamp). Everything i've found is either flat on both sides or ridged on both sides.

I dont know why anyone hasnt mentioned this yet but here is where I bought mine, and the beef-iest triclamp i have seen yet btw. These are flat on one side and ringed on the other to match the triclamp. They work like a champ...
www.stainlessbrewing.com or direct link to page: http://www.stainlessbrewing.com/Sanitary_c_10.html

40MPX200 Sanitary or TriClamp Clear Silicone Gasket
Size:*2" - $0.10
$0.85 x 3
$2.55

13MHHM200 Sanitary Clamp
Size:*2" - $1.06
$5.50 x 2
$11.00

The teflon gaskets are pretty rigid. I think it would be easy to cut off one of the ridges with a razer blade and even sand the edge down (if needed).

I cut the ridge of several silicone gaskets for my bottom draining keggles and it worked fine.

Back