Vienna Lager Sam Adams Boston Lager clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What causes the metalic taste? Pretty sure i have noticed it in commercial beer too.

I'm not fully sure honestly. From what I have read it's due to fermentation in large stainless vats. The more stainless that is in contact with the fermenting wart the more off flavors can leach into the beer.

Thanks thats interesting. I ferment in plastic so never come across that flavour at home. Will have to try your recipe at some point. Cheers

I'm not fully sure honestly. From what I have read it's due to fermentation in large stainless vats. The more stainless that is in contact with the fermenting wart the more off flavors can leach into the beer.

Was reading this post and figured i'd comment because I get the same taste in Coors Light when I drink from bottle. I'm 99% sure it comes from the bottle cap and how they secure it on.

Your lips come in direct contact with the metal to crimp portion of the bottle and there is residue from the cap having forces put onto it.

Just a theory but I'm pretty sure this is the culprit.

Was reading this post and figured i'd comment because I get the same taste in Coors Light when I drink from bottle. I'm 99% sure it comes from the bottle cap and how they secure it on.

Your lips come in direct contact with the metal to crimp portion of the bottle and there is residue from the cap having forces put onto it.

Just a theory but I'm pretty sure this is the culprit.
not sure I don't from the bottle. always pour into glass

Back