Sad Day for KY Mellow Mushroom Beer Club Members

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caboose

Reaction score
I'm glad I already completed my Beer Club, but I still received this email from their corporate contact. I hate it for everyone else that has already put time and effort into completing it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Kentucky Beer Club Members-
You are receiving this email since you are a member of the Mellow Mushroom Beer Club in the state of Kentucky. Unfortunately, we have just gotten the bad news that we have to discontinue Beer Club in the state of Kentucky, as the ABC (Alcoholic Beverage Control) has informed us that it falls under the “incentivizing your guest to drink” clause, which now makes it illegal for us to continue to offer this fun program.
We are currently in the process of testing a Mellow Mushroom KarMMa guest recognition program that will reward each and every guest for all their interactions with Mellow, including purchases in store of any item, by utilizing an innovative smartphone app. We plan to launch this program in early 2015.
We apologize for this inconvenience; however, we encourage you to register for the Mellow Mushroom eClub so when this program launches, you will be first to know. It only takes a minute to sign up and we reward you with a free munchie when you sign up, and special offers throughout the year. Just go to www.mellowmushroom.com and click on the “sign up for Mellow eClub” arrow on the bottom right hand of the page.
I know our local Franchisees are just as upset as you may be about the discontinuation of this program; however, we want to make sure we are abiding by state laws. We hope that you still continue to be a Mellow Mushroom fan, and we truly appreciate your loyalty.
Should you have any other questions about rules and regulations in Kentucky, please contact your local ABC.

Tammy Lucich
Senior Manager, National Promotions
Mellow Mushroom Brand Development
Home-Grown Industries of Georgia, Inc.
5375 Drake Drive|Atlanta, GA 30336
(O) 404- 924-2262|(C) 678-372-9469|(F) 678-235-0360
[email protected]

mellowmushroom.com
facebook.com/mellowmushroomhq
twitter.com/mellowmushroom

That stinks, but looks like it is out of their control.

At least they aren't ending it just because they don't want to do it anymore.
A bar in my town, who had a "beer passport" challenge, just stopped doing it. No apology, no explanation.

Yeah, its definitely not the restaurants fault by any means. I also don't know if this regulation is new, or just starting to be enforced. I could see someone complaining about it and forcing someone to enforce it.

Back