Sacramento CO2 tank refills/exchanges

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Google 'the brewmeister'. They have a shop in west sac, folsom, and roseville. I believe all other homebrew stores in the area have mixed reviews.

I have never gone anywhere else and I don't feel the need to. Brewmeister is awesome.

Google 'the brewmeister'. They have a shop in west sac, folsom, and roseville. I believe all other homebrew stores in the area have mixed reviews.

I have never gone anywhere else and I don't feel the need to. Brewmeister is awesome.

Brewmeister is an awesome shop. I frequent their West Sac and Folsom locations. They only do exchanges.

Depending on what part of Sacramento you're in, and if you haven't been to any of these shops yet, Brew Ferment Distill on Broadway and Handcraft Brewing off of Grantline/Elk Grove are the two other places I like going to.

You found the correct answer. There's nothing better and the Brewmeister folks use River City, too.

FYI Bmeister is one of the only brew shops around that offer a 10% discount for being an AHA member. The discount pays for the membership fairly quickly.

Just an update, I went to River City Fire Equipment in West Sac.

My 10lb tank only cost $23.76 to fill. I think I've found my spot for CO2 refills. The best part is they have 2 really sweet dogs in their office.

yelp review often?

You found the correct answer. There's nothing better and the Brewmeister folks use River City, too.

FYI Bmeister is one of the only brew shops around that offer a 10% discount for being an AHA member. The discount pays for the membership fairly quickly.

how did i completely fail to ask about that. at least i haven't made any big purchases from them yet. thx :mug:

Since it was 5 minutes away, I used to go to Handcraft in Elk Grove for exchanges. Now it is no longer a homebrew shop (changed to Flatland Brewing over the weekend; just a brewery now). I've exchanged at Brew Ferment Distill a couple of times; no issue and all the tanks have a permanently attached washer/gasket.

Since it was 5 minutes away, I used to go to Handcraft in Elk Grove for exchanges. Now it is no longer a homebrew shop (changed to Flatland Brewing over the weekend; just a brewery now). I've exchanged at Brew Ferment Distill a couple of times; no issue and all the tanks have a permanently attached washer/gasket.

For 5lb exchanges there will be a new Brewmeister shop in Elk Grove later this year but they just started a delivery service were you can pick up purchases at Flatland Brewing Company on Thursday nights, which is pretty cool.

I have some 15lb tanks and I've found the cheapest place to exchange the larger sizes is Barnes Welding Supply, otherwise try a fire extinguisher shop.

Just an update, I went to River City Fire Equipment in West Sac.

My 10lb tank only cost $23.76 to fill. I think I've found my spot for CO2 refills. The best part is they have 2 really sweet dogs in their office.

I 2nd this one, cheapest option I've found in Sacramento.

I wish there were better options on the east side. Solon Fire Control in rancho is the closest to me but they are about double the west sac places. It's not worth the extra drive though because it's a minimum 30 minutes extra if not longer depending on traffic (my brewing time is already so limited with a toddler)

I wish there were better options on the east side. Solon Fire Control in rancho is the closest to me but they are about double the west sac places. It's not worth the extra drive though because it's a minimum 30 minutes extra if not longer depending on traffic (my brewing time is already so limited with a toddler)

My thoughts exactly. Unless I have a reason to go to West Sac other than to fill my tank, I am going to Solon.

Solon Fire Control has been good to me. And close to my work (which is good because their hours are Mon - Fri: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.)

I've filled my 5 pounder there several times... and it needs a hydro test next time. When it was new it was way to nice to trade in on exchange!

I bought a 15 pounder from them filled for $95. And it still feels pretty full after a year of use. The 15# is almost the size of a 5 gallon ball lock so it works for me.

I have some 15lb tanks and I've found the cheapest place to exchange the larger sizes is Barnes Welding Supply, otherwise try a fire extinguisher shop.
That's where I swap my 20# tanks.
Auburn off 80 and Power Inn off 50.

Latest posts

Back