Sacramento Area?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjones

Reaction score
any home brewers in the sacramento area, just moved to the area? would anybody be up for some beers and a brew day, I am brewing a 1/2 bbl next Saturday, if interested in stopping by for a beer and make a new friend hit me up.

Where in sac are you located? I work in downtown sac, live near pville, and brew in Roseville.

I've only done 7 or 8 batches and they're all just meh. I met up with a local home brewer at mraz once, but was too intimidated to ask if he could help me. I need some help. Lol

sorry for the late response I have been working on a HBT article for my herms build - feel free to pm and we can set a time to come over and have some homebrew. I have a 1/2bbl system so We can always brew a batch and split it.

sounds like a great idea, would u like to come over for a free homebrew and we can meet and discuss

I work in Rancho/Folsom area and brew at my home in the foothills. Would love to hook up for a pint or two sometime. My work, and way too many projects around home, keep me pretty busy, but I squeeze in time for a beer here and there. I remember seeing your brew stand in the past, love the originality of your design. Mine is a single tier EHERMS system (you can check it out in my signature).

i have seen your system and your fermentation area - must say very very nice.

I just brewed my first beer ( its a 1gal) on the 10/25. I am located in Mather like near the AFB or sac raceway. I probably would not be any real help. But its nice to see people on here that are close by.

I live in Orangevale and work in Rancho at Sunrise and 50. Its always good to meet local brewers. I had the pleasure of meeting RocketBrewer, super nice guy. I have young twin boys so the wife and I don't get a whole lot of time for socializing and I have to squeeze in brewing as it is.

If I ever have a day that is not occupied by chasing children on bikes around my property I would love to swing by and checkout your system.

Cheers,
Twins_Dad

I have two kids as well - mine are 8 and 10 - maybe you can bring the fam over as my wife and I are nee to the area - maybe makes some new friends and have some free homebrew

heck maybe on november 7 we can all meet up and brew on national homebrew day

November 7 - 9am I am brewing with mesohoopy - we met - everybody still alive...lol - we are either brewing an Octoberfest or schwarzbier - I have room for one other - pm me if you would like to join

and by one other - I mean to take home 5 gallons - if you want to hang out gain info and watch - then happy to have you - free homebrew and potentially thinking about smoking some brats for lunch.

Wish I had more time Cody, I'm in the middle of installing some new windows and siding on the house. Got to get it wrapped up before we get too much more rain. Hopefully I'll have some time to have a beer with you next week. Good luck on the brew!

Wish I had more time Cody, I'm in the middle of installing some new windows and siding on the house. Got to get it wrapped up before we get too much more rain. Hopefully I'll have some time to have a beer with you next week. Good luck on the brew!

thanks for the comment, its no prob... I completely understand- life always has a way of getting hectic.. (says the guy who just finished up moving from one state to another... still slowing crying inside from that event) lol

Just moved to the Sac area. If you're still in the same location then I'm down the street from you. Been homebrewing for years and looking for some homebrew friends. We should chill.

Looks like its been a while since this post. Where are all my Sacramento brewers?
Lets get together for a pint sometime.

Checking in if this chain is still an effort. I live down the road in Davis.

thanks for the comment, its no prob... I completely understand- life always has a way of getting hectic.. (says the guy who just finished up moving from one state to another... still slowing crying inside from that event) lol

Just moved to the Sac area. If you're still in the same location then I'm down the street from you. Been homebrewing for years and looking for some homebrew friends. We should chill.

Looks like its been a while since this post. Where are all my Sacramento brewers?
Lets get together for a pint sometime.

I just saw the last couple posts on this thread. I'm in Valley Springs and just learning how to brew. Maybe if any of us are alive after Covid, we can do some kind of meet up.

I curious about the homebrew clubs in the area once covid-19 has passed.

I curious about the homebrew clubs in the area once covid-19 has passed.
Not sure where you're located, but Placer Ultimate Brewing Society (PUBS) is based in the Roseville/Rocklin area and we still meet via Zoom meetings. We are hoping to be able to return to in person meetings this summer. Our normal meetings are held at Kathrin's Biergarten in Rocklin or Monks Cellar in Roseville. We meet on the 3rd Thursday of the month. You can check out our website here if you like. You are welcome to sit in on a meeting to see if it's something you'd enjoy. Just shoot me a PM with your email if you're interested and I'll have them send an invite to our next meeting.

Cheers!

Not sure where you're located, but Placer Ultimate Brewing Society (PUBS) is based in the Roseville/Rocklin area and we still meet via Zoom meetings. We are hoping to be able to return to in person meetings this summer. Our normal meetings are held at Kathrin's Biergarten in Rocklin or Monks Cellar in Roseville. We meet on the 3rd Thursday of the month. You can check out our website here if you like. You are welcome to sit in on a meeting to see if it's something you'd enjoy. Just shoot me a PM with your email if you're interested and I'll have them send an invite to our next meeting.

Cheers!
If I ever move up to the area near my folks in Loomis, I'll have to check you guys out.

Chiming in here from South Lake Tahoe. There are a small number of home brewers up here!

Haha, yeah. I'm still trying to find the space and equipment to hit proper fermentation temps.

Welcome to the area. I'm think there used to be a HBS in Elk Grove. Not sure if it's there anymore. Your other local options are Brewmeister or Hop Hero.

Brewmeister (Folsom, Auburn, I believe the Sac shop closed last year) are a good place. I haven't been to Hop Hero, but the website looks like they have good supplies. There's a shop in Galt as well (River Rock Brewing Company) but I haven't been there as they don't have any liquid yeast as of COVID start. Lodi Wine Labs got rid of their beer supplies last summer unfortunately. There's a cool shop and brewery under the same roof in Modesto called Renegade Brewing Supplies / Desert Fox Brewing Company that has lots of goodies.

Brewmeister (Folsom, Auburn, I believe the Sac shop closed last year) are a good place.
Brewmeister is open in folsom and west sacramento according to their website. Roseville closed last year.
I go to the west sac shop for liquid yeast... usually really fresh (new shipments friday) and always a friendly associate.
They also have a lot of bulk grains for sale (by the ounce or pound). I have also gotten 55# bulk sacks too- they seem to have a fresh pallet of 2-row on hand.

Back