S04 Highest ABV?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmd2k1

Reaction score
What's the highest ABV you've ever fermented using S04 ?

So far ~11.8% for me...

...though new cider endeavor happening this weekend [emoji111]

Cheers!

I've never pushed an ale yeast past 7%. My ciders are always under that. There was a fella here a year or so ago who claimed that S-04 reliably quit at 9.5%, so I'm surprised you've hit 11 with it.

Just firing up a batch of "cheaters" ice cider using it...so we'll see if I can get it near 13%.

22 12oz cans FAJC
2gals AJ
OG - 1.12

...no nutrients or additives

0317180939.jpg

Oh you start with AJ and add FAJC? I’ve always used less water and more FAJC. Good idea!

Oh you start with AJ and add FAJC? I’ve always used less water and more FAJC. Good idea!
Yeah...so far...I never add any water...only juice. This batch is firing up nicely...good activity within initial 24hrs...as S04 has done for me. I'll give it its usual week & then check SG. [emoji111]

Last edited:
Well....this recent batch of "cheaters" ice cider got to about 10.8% and pettered out. I cold crashed it for 48hrs....and racked it for aging/conditioning. [emoji111]

Ya gotta love the solid lees after cc'ing!

Cheers! [emoji111]

Last edited:
Back